1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

I don't eat fast food except when I can't avoid it, so maybe it's gotten worse than I remember.

I'm just saying that if you're getting cheap food, then you should expect to get what you pay for.

I get that and I do expect the food to suck but it isn't really all that cheap anymore and the service is way worse. I guess I don't see any excuse to f up tossing the correct burger and fries in the bag no matter how cheap it is. It's not like they have to complete a calculus problem to figure out what's supposed to happen there. If Mickey D's is stressing your abilities it might be time to gtfo.

• 8 months later...

I might've already mentioned these but I had one happen again.

As a customer: Having a cashier exclaim to me about how expensive the item I'm buying is. If I want to buy $50 cat litter that's on me, and leave me alone so I can go home.

When I was a cashier: Having a customer complain to me about how expensive the item(s) they're buying are. Go the hell to another store then. I'm just a cashier - I don't set the prices.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

I might've already mentioned these but I had one happen again.

As a customer: Having a cashier exclaim to me about how expensive the item I'm buying is. If I want to buy $50 cat litter that's on me, and leave me alone so I can go home.

When I was a cashier: Having a customer complain to me about how expensive the item(s) they're buying are. Go the hell to another store then. I'm just a cashier - I don't set the prices.

Similarly I find it odd when the cashier starts investigating my purchase.  It mostly happens at the grocery store, they're on a roll scanning and then suddenly they're turning an item over and perusing it like it's an interesting new library book.   It's typically followed by a "is this good?  I've never seen it before"

edit:  AND - what's up with one person dividing up their cart and paying separately for like three different orders?  Nobody can do math any more?  

4 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

Similarly I find it odd when the cashier starts investigating my purchase.  It mostly happens at the grocery store, they're on a roll scanning and then suddenly they're turning an item over and perusing it like it's an interesting new library book.   It's typically followed by a "is this good?  I've never seen it before"

That reminds me. I got asked once what my epsom salt was for. I feel like they should know better than to ask about supplements or pharmacy items. I was using it for one of my toes but some people use it for constipation. Not something everyone wants to talk about.

"Politics guy" at work. I didn't ask  to hear your rants, to see your articles or chain e-mails, to hear the biased political show you play too damn loud, or to see the crappy memes on your phone.  If I want to hear your politics I'll ask you for input, otherwise the internet is full of places you can rant, link, and meme to your heart's content. 

Folks that cop an attitude of superiority about what stuff they like or dislike. Snobbishness in general is obviously bad but this is probably the dumbest form of it. 

• Plus1 3

On 10/10/2017 at 6:19 PM, NM11046 said:

New peeve:  people who start a thread that is the same topic as multiple other threads because they think their thoughts are so significant that they can't just be added to one of the existing discussions.

Or people who start a new thread intended as a personal message to only one other person. (Hello, send a PM)

Or people who start a thread for a fleeting thought or gripe intended for no one in particular. (Hello, make a status update)

• Plus1 2
7 hours ago, Danimal said:

"Politics guy" at work. I didn't ask  to hear your rants, to see your articles or chain e-mails, to hear the biased political show you play too damn loud, or to see the crappy memes on your phone.  If I want to hear your politics I'll ask you for input, otherwise the internet is full of places you can rant, link, and meme to your heart's content. 

Folks that cop an attitude of superiority about what stuff they like or dislike. Snobbishness in general is obviously bad but this is probably the dumbest form of it. 

We had one of these.  Thankfully he left at the beginning part of May.  I can't count the number of times I told him I didn't care.  He'd still try and engage me with it anyway.   So, yeah, i am with you on this being a huge pet peeve.  So much nicer now that he's gone.  (Place is still a crap hole to work, but at least that aspect is gone)

• Plus1 1
  • 4 months later...

I’ve got a few today. 

1). People who do not pull all the way to the farthest pump at the gas station making it harder for anyone else to get to a pump. 

2). Gas station clerks that take forever to start the pump when you’re standing out in the cold....waiting. 

3). Whoever the idiot engineers are who design the safety spouts on gas cans. Hey idiot. You can’t have the gas coming out the same place the air goes in. 

I guess you can say I have gas problems today. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1