9 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Half the time when I have food delivered to my house, they leave the drinks right in front of the door. Meaning I can't open the door without shoving or tipping over the drinks as I open it.

We put a small table next to our front door and even put instructions on the delivery to have it put on the table we still get a few that put it up against the door

• 2 months later...

On 2/5/2024 at 4:55 PM, BigRedBuster said:

Ok….it seems like such a little thing. But, I agree. A little ding is one thing. But, all new cars ding….then get louder and don’t stop. 

There are times I’m just going a block or down a gravel road a short distance.  It’s annoying  

We had an issue with my Mom's dodge dart that every time you used the turn signal the wipers would turn on. Then it became only if you turned left the wipers would turn on, it then became turning left and not indicating a turn at all the wipers would turn on.  My mom decided to drive with the right turn signal. The first time she did that, it was a hot summer day. After 2 minutes of driving with her signal on, she got very loud beeps and a comment saying her signal was on. It beeped every 15 seconds or so. My mom had to alternate, turning off her signal and hearing the god awful screach of the wipers on a dry windshield every second and then turning on her signal to get the very loud beep and comment. She had to reset the turn signal, so it had to be off for a minute before she could turn it on again.  She had to do this for roughly 3 months while waiting for dodge to get the part (this was during the auto-workers strike and getting parts was a challenge). It all worked out well though, as soon as she got the part, spent the $350 to fix it, her transmission went out and needed to be replaced. Because of the type of transmission, it was going to run 9500 to replace and the car was only worth 9000.  She ended up having to sell it for 1500.

On 2/5/2024 at 4:55 PM, BigRedBuster said:

Ok….it seems like such a little thing. But, I agree. A little ding is one thing. But, all new cars ding….then get louder and don’t stop. 

There are times I’m just going a block or down a gravel road a short distance.  It’s annoying  

I mean, statistically most accidents happen within a few miles from your house because that is where you are driving most of the time.

Just buckle up and be safe.   

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 5
18 hours ago, teachercd said:

I mean, statistically most accidents happen within a few miles from your house because that is where you are driving most of the time.

Just buckle up and be safe.   

If I lived where you live, yes.  But, you obviously don't know my typical driving.  First, I live two miles down a gravel road where I very rarely even see another car. Sometimes I'm just going down the road a short while to get to a field....then driving slow in the field.  At work, our campus is maybe 1/4 mile long.  Sometimes I'm just driving from one end to the other, not even getting on the road....and maybe 15 mph.  Sometimes, I'm hunting and driving around in pastures, getting in and out a lot.

So.....I do a lot of non-typical type slow driving which makes this annoying.  I always buckle up if I'm getting out on the road and actually going somewhere.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

If I lived where you live, yes.  But, you obviously don't know my typical driving.  First, I live two miles down a gravel road where I very rarely even see another car. Sometimes I'm just going down the road a short while to get to a field....then driving slow in the field.  At work, our campus is maybe 1/4 mile long.  Sometimes I'm just driving from one end to the other, not even getting on the road....and maybe 15 mph.  Sometimes, I'm hunting and driving around in pastures, getting in and out a lot.

So.....I do a lot of non-typical type slow driving which makes this annoying.  I always buckle up if I'm getting out on the road and actually going somewhere.

No judgment, but I have a very different mindset. A seatbelt has saved my life twice. I won't get in a car at any speed without buckling up, and I won't drive any passengers unless they do the same.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
35 minutes ago, Ulty said:

No judgment, but I have a very different mindset. A seatbelt has saved my life twice. I won't get in a car at any speed without buckling up, and I won't drive any passengers unless they do the same.

Seatbelt and airbag have saved my life too and my son has been thrown from a car not wearing one…luckily survived. I’m fine with a ding to remind you. It’s just the kind that now just doesn’t stop. 

I mean...these are the same stories that gun owners tell us "I am safe, I teach my kids to respect guns" then bad things happen.

Might as well just buckle up, it takes 2 seconds.  Plus, someone could hit you even if you are being safe.

With that said, I still drive around with a beer in my car when I heading out, so what do I know!!!  Hahah

• Plus1 1
  • Worth a Look 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Seatbelt and airbag have saved my life too and my son has been thrown from a car not wearing one…luckily survived. I’m fine with a ding to remind you. It’s just the kind that now just doesn’t stop. 

Find out where the little ding ding speaker is (google search or ask your mechanic/dealer) and then clip the wires or pull the fuse if that’s all it controls.

Half serious….

• Haha 1
23 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Find out where the little ding ding speaker is (google search or ask your mechanic/dealer) and then clip the wires or pull the fuse if that’s all it controls.

Half serious….

My Dad did that!!!  HA!

Remember the good old days when there was just a lap belt and a bad a$$ pushbutton lighter and ashtrays in cars!

Who here would use the car lighter to "threaten" a brother or sister?

• Haha 1