Recruiting Notes

I'm interested in knowing how players like this first come in contact with schools like Nebraska. To me there are two distinct levels in basketball recruiting. There are your "A" schools that if a top recruit gets the chance to go to....they go. That includes, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville...etc. Then, there are those schools that if the recruit doesn't work out at those "A" schools, or that school isn't what that recruit thought once there, they look to transfer to a "B" school. Those include schools like Wisconsin, ISU, Creighton and now Nebraska. At these schools, they will play in front of large crowds in competitive conferences and get their school paid for and if the stars all align, they can win at a high level like what Wisconsin did this year.

But, how does a player at Louisville, get contacted by Nebraska if they are already enrolled at Louisville but want to transfer? I'm pretty sure players are off limits to outside coaches. Would the recruit contact Nebraska? Would the Louisville coaching staff contact Nebraska to see if they are interested? Is it totally 100% up to the recruit to reach out?

I'm interested in knowing how players like this first come in contact with schools like Nebraska. To me there are two distinct levels in basketball recruiting. There are your "A" schools that if a top recruit gets the chance to go to....they go. That includes, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville...etc. Then, there are those schools that if the recruit doesn't work out at those "A" schools, or that school isn't what that recruit thought once there, they look to transfer to a "B" school. Those include schools like Wisconsin, ISU, Creighton and now Nebraska. At these schools, they will play in front of large crowds in competitive conferences and get their school paid for and if the stars all align, they can win at a high level like what Wisconsin did this year.

But, how does a player at Louisville, get contacted by Nebraska if they are already enrolled at Louisville but want to transfer? I'm pretty sure players are off limits to outside coaches. Would the recruit contact Nebraska? Would the Louisville coaching staff contact Nebraska to see if they are interested? Is it totally 100% up to the recruit to reach out?

Once they are released from their scholarship, they can be contacted by any school. This happens faster today, due to social media.

We are having an offical visit from Anton Gill - transfer guard from Louisville next month. http://sports.yahoo.com/tcu/basketball/recruiting/player-Anton-Gill-112321

I would be shocked if Anton ends up here. Only reason I say that is that Akoy and him were basically best friends at Louisville. Wouldn't surprise me one bit to see those 2 re-join at Georgetown. I know Anton has already been there once not sure if he has another visit lined up or not.

We are having an offical visit from Anton Gill - transfer guard from Louisville next month. http://sports.yahoo.com/tcu/basketball/recruiting/player-Anton-Gill-112321

I would be shocked if Anton ends up here. Only reason I say that is that Akoy and him were basically best friends at Louisville. Wouldn't surprise me one bit to see those 2 re-join at Georgetown. I know Anton has already been there once not sure if he has another visit lined up or not.

Maybe! Georgetown is talking to 3 players and have 1 schollie open.

Seems Gill is down to Georgetown and us. He's already visited Georgetown and he isn't planning any other visits right now. Will have to sit out next year then have two years to play.

Seems to be close to Akoy Agau and talked to him about Nebraska. Of course, Agau is at Georgetown. :facepalm: