Espn did rate him as a 4star last year. 247 and Rivals haven't ranked him. I'm seeing him listed at 6'8 more then 6'9, either is undersized for a Center.
The OWH said that he was a 4 star recruit by ESPN. He is also 6'9", 240. We need get him on the weights over the summer.
I wouldn't characterize it as desperation at all.
Is Isaiah worth offering a scholarship or are we sending desperate offers at this point?
There are a number of good reasons to try and sign him.
1. It's a D-1 player at a position of need.
2. It's a positive addition to stem the negative flow of of spin surrounding the program.
3. It's a great opportunity to re-establish some connections with the Omaha basketball community.
1. D-1 yes, Power5 no. Position of need sure, size/quality of need...questionable.
2. Sure it makes for a good media story, but does it actually help the program?
3. True and probably the main strength of if we pick him up.
We weren't giving the kid the time of day until all of the transfers. Now we are desperate for big men and interested.
I have concerns that he's a Center in build/playing style but has SF/PF height. He's not overly athletic/quick to make up for being undersized.
Definitely a position of need now, but I'm not sure he's the quality we need. Still has 0 Power5 offers.
Agree. not as a freshman, but I think he is very serviceable with some added muscle. He is definitely soft.