Joseph gets diversion, Tolbert charged

http://m.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/husker-tolbert-charged-joseph-s-case-dismissed/article_0ea8233e-097b-11e4-bc94-001a4bcf6878.html?mode=jqm

Redshirt freshman defensive back Boaz Joseph agreed to a pretrial diversion program after getting cited on suspicion of theft by unlawful taking on June 7. A UNL police report stated that Joseph was caught on video boarding and riding away on a bait bike that was planted with a GPS tracking system to help officers catch alleged thieves

Nebraska freshman receiver Jariah Tolbert was charged with possession of marijuana and obstructing a peace officer, two counts that stem from a June 12 incident. Hes set to appear at an arraignment hearing next week in Lancaster County Court.

So I guess with the pretrial diversion program Boaz Joseph isn't off the team as long as he completes it and keeps his nose clean. Anyone know if this is right? Same with Josh Banderas?

Tolbert is 18, can he get off with a minor in possession since Nebraska is 19 for adult status?

Not sure if serious. Marijuana is not a status offense in Nebraska.
I don't keep up on marijuana laws so yes I was serious, had no idea. Just went and looked it up, all he faces is up to a $300 fine and no jail time for a first offense, shouldn't of ran from the cops.

At least Tolbert is in good company:

Auburn quarterback Nick Marshall has been cited for possession of a small amount of marijuana in Georgia.

Reynolds Police Chief Lonnie Holder said he and another officer detected the odor of marijuana after pulling Marshall over at 12:45 p.m. ET Friday for a window tint violation. Holder said they found 8-10 grams of marijuana under the passenger-side visor.
Nick Marshall was cited for possession of marijuana Friday. Because it was less than an ounce, Marshall was not arrested.
Because it was less than an ounce, they didn't arrest Marshall.

ESPN

Tolbert is 18, can he get off with a minor in possession since Nebraska is 19 for adult status?

Not sure if serious. Marijuana is not a status offense in Nebraska.
I don't keep up on marijuana laws so yes I was serious, had no idea. Just went and looked it up, all he faces is up to a $300 fine and no jail time for a first offense, shouldn't of ran from the cops.
Yeah running made his situation much worse.