2014 Rankings through the year

Let's have some fun with projected rankings through the year. As of now we will likely start I unranked. Assuming that holds pick out when/where we debut in the rankings, highest rank, if we fall out, and final regular season rank. I'm going with an overly optomistic projection, I drank the cool aid today.

Debut after McNeese St at #23

Up to #16 before a loss to Mich St then down to #21

Then up to #14 before beating Wisconsin

Then head into the B1G title game at #7 and 11-1.

This is tough. It'll take more of than win over McNeese to put us in the top 25. Not many ahead of us are going to lose that first week either.

I'll go go w/ the final rankings...

Those that will finish ahead of us:

FSU, Alabama, Oklahoma, Auburn, Oregon, MSU, Ohio State, South Carolina, Stanford, UCLA, LSU

Those that will be similar but with get the benefit of the doubt over us:

LSU, A&M, Wisconsin, Georgia, ND, Florida, Clemson

Those we'll be trading spots with towards the end:

Baylor, North Carolina, Iowa, USC, Michigan, Missouri, UCF, Texas.

Teams to look out for:

Duke, ASU, Washington, Penn State (long shot), Tech, Ole Miss

So, I'll say we'll be lucky to finish top 15, probably hover right around 21-22, but with a Texas turnaround (very possible), and an Iowa loss (also very possible) - we could be on the outside looking in again. I also think Clemson is underrated, losing Boyd wan't be as bad as many are thinking.

• 3 weeks later...

Not guessing game but I will guaranteed 4 losses (again). One or two embarrassing losses. Four culprit teams? ...... I have no idea. And the final poll, around #22 to #25.

Pick 4 losses .... not less, not more, but 4 losses.

Carl Pelini - ?

McDonalds - ?

Hippies - ?

Thugs - ?

Illiniwek - ?

Green Mile - ?

Lawyers - ?

Ruts - ?

Puddue - ?

Cottage Cheeses - ?

Lakers - ?

Crows - ?

Sponsor Whatever Bowl - ?

My rankings are based on the AP poll. I know the poll is meaningless now, but it is the only historically "legitimate" starting point out...

Preseason Rank: 22

FAU- Win - (22)

McNeese- Win - (23)... I think Michigan beats Notre Dame and creates a shuffle in the 20-25 range..

Fresno-Win- (23)....blah week, no major changes, South Carolina and Georgia might switch spots.

Miami- Win (20) - Miami win carries a little weight. KSU, Clemson, and Miss St all lose...

Ill- Win (19) - kinda of a boring week but I'm guessing something will happen to move up a little.

MSU- Win (15) - MSU will have already lost to Oregon so the game doesn't carry a ton of weight, but MSU will still be top 15...

NW- Win (14) - One of the SEC teams will lose and fall behind NU

BYE- (14)

Rutgers- Win (14) - another blah week, 14 should beat unranked...

Purdue- Win (12) - upsets gotta happen at some point :)

BYE- (11) - More upsets and wishful thinking :)

Wisc- LOSS (17) I believe Wisc will be a 15-20 range team at this point. Huskers and Badgers basically switch spots...

Minn- Win (15) STATEMENT GAME!!!! Huskers look impressive and take advantage of some other teams' poor performances.

Iowa- Win (12) Nebraska finishes strong, but Wisc wins the west via tie-breaker...

Cotton Bowl vs. #8 Auburn: WIN (7) !!!!

I got kool-aid on tap: 12-1 and top 10 finish!!!

Playoff teams: Alabama, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Oregon. I'm already excited about watching those games, too bad it won't happen because I'm sure I'm wrong.

My rankings are based on the AP poll. I know the poll is meaningless now, but it is the only historically "legitimate" starting point out...

FAU- Win - (22)

McNeese- Win - (23)... I think Michigan beats Notre Dame and creates a shuffle in the 20-25 range..

Fresno-Win- (23)....blah week, no major changes, South Carolina and Georgia might switch spots.

Miami- Win (20) - Miami win carries a little weight. KSU, Clemson, and Miss St all lose...

Ill- Win (19) - kinda of a boring week but I'm guessing something will happen to move up a little.

MSU- Win (15) - MSU has already lost to Oregon so the game doesn't carry a ton of weight, but MSU will still by top 15...

NW- Win (14) - One of the SEC teams will lose and fall behind Nu

BYE- (14)

Rutgers- Win (14) - another blah week, 14 should beat unranked...

Purdue- Win (12) - upsets gotta happen at some point :)

BYE- (11) - More upsets and wishful thinking :)

Wisc- LOSS (17) I believe Wisc will be a 15-20 range team at this point. Huskers and Badgers basically switch spots...

Minn- Win (15) STATEMENT GAME!!!! Huskers look impressive and take advantage of some other teams' poor performances.

Iowa- Win (12) Nebraska finishes strong, but Wisc wins the west via tie-breaker...

Cotton Bowl vs. #8 Auburn: WIN (7) !!!!

On got kool-aid on tap: 12-1 and top 10 finish!!!

Playoff teams: Alabama, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Oregon. I'm already excited about watching those games, too bad it won't happen because I'm sure I'm wrong.

If we're 9-0 going into Wisconsin we'll be top 5-7, and a few teams above us will lose in that first few weeks so assuming we take care of business we should be around 18-19ish going into Miami. MSU will carry plenty of weight.

It would be nice to be top 10 going into Wisc, but I don't think Nebraska gets a lot of credit for the schedule outside of MSU. So I stuck with #11.

I agree that MSU will still carry a lot of weight and be very important. But I don't think MSU will be top 10 when they meet, even though the probably should be...

This is based on the AP poll afterall :)