Another botched execution

Meh. Final result was the same.

I looked up an article on this guy, here's how he ended up there:

Wood was convicted of murder and assault in the 1989 deaths of his estranged girlfriend and her father.

Think he suffered any more than either of his victims? Probably not. Let's all move on in a world without this horrible man.

I just don't get this. You kill a father and daughter, and we're supposed to give two sh*ts about about this dude? Sucks for him, but I think it's poetic justice...

• Fire 3

Wood was convicted of murder and assault in the 1989 deaths of his estranged girlfriend and her father.

Think he suffered any more than either of his victims? Probably not. Let's all move on in a world without this horrible man.

I just don't get this. You kill a father and daughter, and we're supposed to give two sh*ts about about this dude? Sucks for him, but I think it's poetic justice...

I agree with both of you. The dude is dead. The job is done. I see no reason to cry over a POS like this.

Yeah, I've never understood why lethal injection became the "preferred" method for the death penalty.

The easiest - cheapest - cleanest - and most humane way I can think of is gas chamber, using CO2 as the gas. You just get tired and fall asleep - then die - in a matter of minutes.

If you wanted to flood a small room with a lethal amount of CO2, it'd cost $50-100 each time. The delivery devices are storage tanks and fans.

The Pepsi guy can deliver the "lethal load" when he drops off the soda in the cafeteria.

The room would be clean and safe at all times should something happen and people would have to enter the room.

I'd only take a few moments to "clean" the room afterwards by flushing in fresh air, leaving no residue or harmful effects for personnel to be exposed to.

--

I don't believe the state should perform death penalties, but if you're going to do it - why bother with complex methods?

• Fire 1

Yeah, I've never understood why lethal injection became the "preferred" method for the death penalty.

The easiest - cheapest - cleanest - and most humane way I can think of is gas chamber, using CO2 as the gas. You just get tired and fall asleep - then die - in a matter of minutes.

If you wanted to flood a small room with a lethal amount of CO2, it'd cost $50-100 each time. The delivery devices are storage tanks and fans.

The Pepsi guy can deliver the "lethal load" when he drops off the soda in the cafeteria.

The room would be clean and safe at all times should something happen and people would have to enter the room.

I'd only take a few moments to "clean" the room afterwards by flushing in fresh air, leaving no residue or harmful effects for personnel to be exposed to.

--

I don't believe the state should perform death penalties, but if you're going to do it - why bother with complex methods?

ya got my vote

Let me think now ..... 2014 - 1989 = 25 years in death row :facepalm: . U.S. justice, well sucks ! Root cause: damn lawyers.

EDIT: 23 years instead of 25. Date of murders: August 7, 1989. Date of arrest: Same day. Sentence to death on July 2, 1991.

Marty McFly: [Reading the newspaper from 2015] "Within two hours of his arrest, Martin McFly Jr. was tried, convicted and sentenced to fifteen years in the state penitentiary."? Within two hours?

Doc: The justice system works swiftly in the future now that they've abolished all lawyers.

--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqoansxbLT4

This is a documentary on trying to find the most humane ways to execute inmates. Start at 6:30. Goes into part 5

I've always been partial to the firing squad. It's cheap, simple, the number of things that can go wrong are pretty limited and if they do, it can be very quickly rectified.

Our national obsession with sanitizing executions has led us to adopt a procedure that isn't particularly reliable, especially now with anti-death penalty activists blocking access to the most effective drugs. If we must stick with lethal injection, what's wrong with heroin? That'll deliver a quick, painless death, and I'm sure we could give Afghan poppy farmers a better price than the Taliban..

• Fire 1

I've always been partial to the firing squad. It's cheap, simple, the number of things that can go wrong are pretty limited and if they do, it can be very quickly rectified.

Our national obsession with sanitizing executions has led us to adopt a procedure that isn't particularly reliable, especially now with anti-death penalty activists blocking access to the most effective drugs. If we must stick with lethal injection, what's wrong with heroin? That'll deliver a quick, painless death, and I'm sure we could give Afghan poppy farmers a better price than the Taliban..

That's actually a pretty good idea. We probably have enough seized heroin stored away to perform capital punishment for 100 years. Why let it go to waste?

Firing squad = only Utah.

I believe O.J. Simpson was guilty as sin (murder) but no eye witnesses thus acquitted. Unfortunately proper way to do it. The only question, DNA ... 100% reliable? Only troublesome thing, many blacks loudly cheered when verdict was announced in national Court TV (live) :facepalm: . Just added fuel .....

I always remember, "If it doesn't fit, you must acquit" (O.J. gloves). LOL !! (but clever)

Anyway, I prefer death penalty law but limiting ....... murder prosecutor case need a reliable and legit eye witnesses and actually seen the murder. If no eye witnesses, then unfortunately innocent (acquit).

BTW, only a couple of civilized countries like Japan, China and India got the death penalty law.

--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqoansxbLT4

This is a documentary on trying to find the most humane ways to execute inmates. Start at 6:30. Goes into part 5

Great link, thanks!

Nitrogen and Carbon Dioxide are probably interchangeable for this purpose.

Regarding that pig rejecting the CO2 though...

They didn't really explain it too well, but if you breathe pure or almost pure CO2 ..the water in your nose and lungs turns to carbonic acid...and is very painful. You get this if you open a can of soda really quick and 'sniff' up the fizz released from the can. I sometimes get it if I stick my head into my fermenting cooler when I have my beer doing its thing. I know not to breathe it in...but I forget and sometimes get a good 'whack' of acid in my nose. Not fun.

There is a lethal level of CO2 that you can breath that will kill you that will also not induce painful acid in your lungs, however. So either could be used.

They both displace oxygen in your system.

I suppose we could use a mask to make the delivery even more precise, but for some reason the purity of simply seeing a guy in a room not know what is happening and them all of a sudden, plop! appeals to me instead of being administered a gas via a mask.

Firing squad = only Utah.

Heroin enema it is. ;)