TE Jared Bubak [Signed GIA - Arizona State]

Mavric

I tell you one thing....if this is my dream school and I want to attend and play for the Huskers like he claimed....6 weeks while transitioning to a new coach is something I'm not going to care about because I'd know the coaches were trying to save the existing recruiting class. In fact, I'd reach out to them and let them know that they could get back to me when they were less busy and that I was still committed because this is my effing dream school to play for.

To me, it sounds like Bubak is just making excuses as to why he isn't going to be a Husker. I'd be much more pleased if he just told it like it was instead of blaming people.

I think people make a big deal about the "dream school" thing. Think how many dreams you had when you were 16 or 17 and think how often those changed.

The kid took a visit and loved ASU, I would probably love it too.

If Jared is anything like the rest of his extended family, partying is not what he would be looking for in a school.

Agree with this.

I really think he just likes the sound of how ASU says they're going to use him more than what he's heard from our coaches. I'm a little surprised that it's enough to get him to flip but I don't get the feeling there's more to it than that.

If Jared is anything like the rest of his extended family, partying is not what he would be looking for in a school.

Agree with this.

I really think he just likes the sound of how ASU says they're going to use him more than what he's heard from our coaches. I'm a little surprised that it's enough to get him to flip but I don't get the feeling there's more to it than that.

Maybe it's just karma. I mean, just think of all the great Huskers we've recruited out of Arizona over the years. (Prince Amukamara, Eric Hagg, Mike Brown, etc.)

Whatever the reason, I'll bet it really stings for Riley. I'm sure he's lost more than a few head-to-head recruiting battles with ASU over the years.

Guys, its not a big loss. He was a good player on a bad lower class team.

It is a big loss considering this staffs mission statement was to lock up the 500 mi radius. I'm of an understanding that the best in state kids have that much more importance to them. I think people are lining the in state kids up with the other recruits in the class and dismissing their potential because we are so close/familiar with how things look and run in our state on the HS level. I consider this a big loss because of years we go in this state without these kinds of D1 quality kids. Can't have them leaving. To me it's pretty simple stuff and disturbing we may lose the top 2 guys in the state for whatever reason or circumstance.

Christian has produced some kids who have played in the past for NU, Farup does a real nice job

In 2013, they were a pretty good playoff team- went deep IIRC

You are going to see several kids from Ashland- CI probably playing for NU in the next several years

He was a very good player

There aren't a lot of kids like that in our backyard- real DI kids with the legit size , explosiveness and speed

Ive seen him play in person- he would have been able to see the field somewhere for DONU

If we lose both Jared and the kid from Omaha South- that isn't positive

Losing 1 I get, not both

Guys, its not a big loss. He was a good player on a bad lower class team.

It is a big loss considering this staffs mission statement was to lock up the 500 mi radius. I'm of an understanding that the best in state kids have that much more importance to them. I think people are lining the in state kids up with the other recruits in the class and dismissing their potential because we are so close/familiar with how things look and run in our state on the HS level. I consider this a big loss because of years we go in this state without these kinds of D1 quality kids. Can't have them leaving. To me it's pretty simple stuff and disturbing we may lose the top 2 guys in the state for whatever reason or circumstance.

They have to be kids that want to be here and want to bring back Husker tradition. This one did not!

I mean, DPE was playing out of position in HS and I think at a smaller classification or at least in an area that is not totally known for football.

Jared is playing WAY out of position and on a decent team. I think I watched them play Boys Town the last two years.

They had 5 wins against a very poor schedule last year and the teams that were good torch them! I have seen him play and yes he is playing out of position, but he is in no why the same level as DPE!

I mean, DPE was playing out of position in HS and I think at a smaller classification or at least in an area that is not totally known for football.

Jared is playing WAY out of position and on a decent team. I think I watched them play Boys Town the last two years.

They had 5 wins against a very poor schedule last year and the teams that were good torch them! I have seen him play and yes he is playing out of position, but he is in no why the same level as DPE!

I One player cant carry an entire team, doesn't matter to me at all he played on a losing team

The previous year they had a nice playoff run IIRC

No he isn't a DPE- but he is a legit 3 star kid with legit size, speed and explosiveness

Much different type of player

We just dont get many like that in our state these days

We need to get in early, stick with them and let them know they are wanted

He would have found a way to get on the field here and contributed at some point