Too beautiful for volleyball???

huKSer

Critics are saying Sabina Altynbekova, described by various media outlets as either 17 or 18 years old, is so attractive that it's a distraction to the sport. Even her teammates have noticed the adoration, and one report says Kazakhstan coach Nurlan Sadikov believed fans weren't even watching the games during a recent competition in Taiwan and instead just stared at her.

"It is impossible to work like this," he told told Tengrin News. "The crowd behaves like there is only one player at the championship."

http://www.foxsports.com/other/story/is-kazakhstan-teen-volleyball-player-sabina-altynbekova-too-beautiful-072814

Compared to some of her team mates, Bo would be a distraction.

Not taking away from anyone else on the team, but she's gorgeous. It's her eyes and her smile. But these kind of internet fad obsessions are hard to explain. I completely don't get that one prison dude people are crazy over. That guy's legitimately creepy looking.

She really is beautiful, but anyone who follows women's volleyball knows there are a LOT of really nice-looking girls on the courts out there. There have been several girls on the Husker volleyball team over the years that were every bit as good-looking as this girl.

This almost seems like they're trying to sell something. Kind of a bizarre thing to "complain" about.

They didn't create or ask for the attention -- it just sprung up. Like that Ukranian government lawyer, Natalia Poklonskaya.

7_LSpWti8ns.jpg10012988_496985193746820_2048066860_n.jp

Even her fan art has made the rounds (this girl has inspired a lot of similar fanart).

And here's the prison guy I mentioned earlier:

jeremy-meeks-467.jpgReally though, this is just creepy looking, right?

It's weird what goes viral and what doesn't. I don't think any of this would have happened without the advent of the meme. Oh glorious captioned images; will the world ever be the same?

It's also hard to imagine this happening to a U.S. sports figure. Maybe they're just a lot more prepared to take on the celebrity heartthrob status, since that happens pretty much all the time here.

I don't get this. It's popped up on yahoo again. She's cute, but I see way hotter chicks playing volleyball in Nebraska every year. There's got to be something else going on with this story.

She's from KAZAKHSTAN where men are men and women look like . . . yuk