New Trophy Game vs. Wisconsin

You know it is so weird to me that people think that Nebraska couldn't win anymore in the power run game. Wisky has copied everything Nebraska, and Barry even said as much, and look now they run Jet sweeps and power run against us and dare us to stop them. What happened well we got our asses handed to us twice.

This is exactly what people wanted. Now we're complaining about it?

people want a rivalry, not a forced trophy game.

How exactly is it forced? The fans have been asking for it for 3 years. We enter year 4 in the league and are now division foes with Wisconsin. We already have a {forced} trophy game with Iowa. It is perceived the top 3 teams in the division are Nebraska, Wisconsin, Iowa. Why the hell not have a trophy, I hardly think it's being forced on anyone.

Speak for yourself....It's being forced on us. Trust me.

The feeling is mutual, and as stated above, these rivalries need to grow organically. Stuff like trophy games, that the fans have no interest/investment in, mean absolutely nothing. I know we play Iowa for some trophy every year, but frankly I couldn't tell you what it looks like and I don't care. We could play for a squiggly piece of pipe resembling the Missouri river between the two states for all I care.

Nebraskans in general really don't care about rivalry trophies. Most people didn't even know we played Missouri for a trophy (some bell) until the last year we were in the Big XII. Nobody cares about it. How important can it be?

• Fire 9