Special Teams Work

Reports are the new punt block wall (three personal protectors) - at least for today - were Chongo Kondolo, Vincent Valentine and Maliek Collins.

Hate this philosophy... No offense, but are those three really going to chase down a returner after he catches the ball? You're essentially trading never having a punt blocked for having 8 (1 being the punter, 1 being the long snapper) men capable of chasing down a returner. So really, 6.

Reports are the new punt block wall (three personal protectors) - at least for today - were Chongo Kondolo, Vincent Valentine and Maliek Collins.

Hate this philosophy... No offense, but are those three really going to chase down a returner after he catches the ball? You're essentially trading never having a punt blocked for having 8 (1 being the punter, 1 being the long snapper) men capable of chasing down a returner. So really, 6.

Our punt coverage efficiency was totally fine last year with the same philosophy. I'm fine with it.

Who ran that special teams work out yesterday? I know Ross Els has been the Special Teams Coordinator the last few years, but the official Huskers website no longer has him listed as such, only Linebackers/Recruiting Coordinator. Oversight on the website, or are we mixing up coaching personnel?

Sipple commented that Ron Brown was working with the Punt Returners yesterday.

Here is a tweet from Josh Harvey talking about True Freshman DeMorney Pierson-El,

And here is the response from a guy that was a punter in HS in Pierson-El's area

@JoshHarveyScout Coach told me that if I kicked the ball in his direction I would never see the field again...lol.

Let's turn that punt return game around.

It only takes one man with a motor and no personal regard for safety (i.e. Eric Martin) to block a punt in that formation. When will teams stop using it?