Tony Stewart ‘Runs Over’ Opposing Driver During Altercation, Killing Him (Video)

suh_fan93

Well, not sure. Im guessing Tony wasnt happy about guy trying to call him out for wrecking him. Like one guy said, sure Tony was trying to make a point and kind of gunned it by guy and caught him. However, the guy was basically trying to get Tony to stop by standing in front of him. Looks like REALLY bad judgement on both parties and one ended up losing their life.

• Fire 1

Horrible tragedy, can't see Stewart or any driver intentionally running over someone. I've never seen a drive approach an open wheel car like that while it's moving, a stock car with fenders is a totally different story. Prayers to the family of the young man, must be horrible.

I've watched the video countless times and I believe that both parties are at fault. Yes I know the kid getting out of his car and walking upon oncoming traffic wasn't the best judgment on his part but we all have to remember that someone lost their life. Two parents lost their son and a family is mourning a loss of a love one.

I agree with you both C N Red and Ebyl. (and Huskerjock) I don't think under any circumstances Tony meant to hit Ward but I do think he was trying to make a point by revving his engine as he went by causing because he was on dirt his back tire and car to swing out catching Ward.

Stewart has pulled out of today's race at Watkins Glen because of last night's tragedy and as of now no charges have been filed but unlike what was reported last night the investigation is still apparently ongoing.

Well, not sure. Im guessing Tony wasnt happy about guy trying to call him out for wrecking him. Like one guy said, sure Tony was trying to make a point and kind of gunned it by guy and caught him. However, the guy was basically trying to get Tony to stop by standing in front of him. Looks like REALLY bad judgement on both parties and one ended up losing their life.

Totally agree with you.However if the roles were reversed,I think a lot more would be made of it being an involuntary manslaughter investigation.

Agree with the consensus in this thread that the kid is an idiot for going onto the track, and Tony was likely trying to send a message or something, which makes him an idiot as well. When you gun the engine right into someone, it looks pretty bad.

Both the driver ahead of him and Tony himself were coming from the top of the track and didnt see him coming from the bottom side of the track. The first driver was trying to dip low and barely avoided him and Tony was just behind him and didn't even realize he was there trying to swerve down as well but didn't get to the bottom fast enough and hit him. There was no apparent engine revving or message trying to be made, and it's idiotic for people to assume the worst in others so often. Horrible accident of a young kid (know he was in sprint cup as well) trying to emulate other angry sprint cup drivers coming out but the timing and positioning of him coming onto a live track the way he did was just dumb as until he got around his car nobody could even see him and assumed he was still in his vehicle.

• Fire 2

This was Tony trying to send a message to a kid that he thought was probably showing him up that went terribly wrong.

It happened under caution, the engine is revved, yes he was going to try to scare the kid and put him in his place.

Stewart had a history of anger issues after accidents at all circuits. On top of that his "business as usual" comment further showed his true colors, that of a POS.

• Fire 1

I've also seen the report that Army_Allen is referring to that said the driver in front of Stewart swerved out of the way at the last second and Stewart might not have seen him until just before he hit him.

Basically, to me it boils down to two hot-heads getting mixed up in a bad situation. We know Stewart can go off and this guy looks to be in the same boat. Not that Stewart is innocent but that guy put himself in a really dangerous position.

• Fire 2