Academic Fraud Investigation at Notre Dame - Will Vacate Wins from 2011-2012

Mavric

So the guy is a hack because he wrote something negative about Notre Dame? lol

I get it, Notre Dame has a lot of history and all that, but if you think they're different than any other school when it comes to their football program... then I have some beautiful beach front property in Box Butte county that I'd love to sell you

I get it, Notre Dame has a lot of history and all that, but if you think they're different than any other school when it comes to their football program... then I have some beautiful beach front property in Box Butte county that I'd love to sell you

whoa, i am interested in expanding my portfolio with some beachfront property. could you send me the specs?

No deadspin is hack {generous} because they wrote a troll piece that reads like any other type 2, with lies about Lizzy Seeburg and Sullivan etc. I don't doubt a computer could generate mad libs articles indistinguishable from the human trolls.

That's why these 4 players got suspended for the first half against Savannah St.

• 3 years later...

The NCAA has ordered Notre Dame to vacate its football wins from the 2012 and 2013 seasons after denying the school’s appeal of sanctions tied to academic misconduct. 

The Irish won 12 games in 2012 before losing to Alabama in the BCS championship game and went 9–4 in 2013. 

A student-trainer was found to have completed coursework for two Notre Dame players and provided impermissible academic benefits to another six. 

Five players—DaVaris Daniels, Kendall Moore, Eilar Hardy, KeiVarae Russell and Ishaq Williams—were suspended before the 2014 season for academic improprieties, bringing the case to the public eye. Everett Golson, the starting quarterback for the 2012 team, missed the 2013 season because he was suspended from the university due to academics. 

The NCAA initially ordered the wins vacated in 2016 but the school filed an appeal, which was denied Tuesday. (Other sanctions included a year of probation, a $5,000 fine and a show-cause order against the trainer accused of facilitating the academic fraud.)

SI.com

• Mavric changed the title to Academic Fraud Investigation at Notre Dame - Will Vacate Wins from 2011-2012

On 2/15/2018 at 1:07 AM, Notre Dame Joe said:

Something is funny about that list because we had passed Michigan in the official count.

Also funny is according the to the NCAA we would have been fine if it was a fake class open to all students.

You’re right; you’ve actually dropped to sixth.

https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/02/13/notre-dame-college-football-all-time-wins-list-ncaa-appeal-decision