Top 25 Memorable Moments in Nebraska Football History

I am just curious...would JR's return vs Oklahoma still be #1 if the game wasn't dubbed as "the game of the century"?

I don't discredit it, just an honest question.

Wasn't alive for JR but I say no. Watching that video I realized the return he had against Bama was better athletically than the OU play.

Both are amazing but one gets more pub from a great radio call and a great moment everyone from that era remembers.

I'll take that Johnny Rodgers punt return any day of the week. A helluva return in its own right, and though it didn't come late, it may have won the game for us. One of the reasons it's still remembered as the Game of the Century is that both teams were extremely well-matched. Between the two teams there was a total of one penalty for five yards. Everybody played as advertised. The wild card was Rodgers' punt return. The Husker legacy really started that day. If you want to remember OU vs. NU 1971, that's still your clip. Rodgers punt return against Bama may have been better. He had a non-scoring punt return against Colorado that was just insane. But Bama and Colorado ended up as blowouts.

Then again, if Callahan's 5-7 season is a memorable "moment" why not just call out the entire 1971 or 1995 season?