Workaholics' Adam Devine on Husker Fandom

Some language at the link. Great read though!

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/how-the-nebraska-cornhuskers-almost-killed-workaholics-star-adam-devine-20140827

I had only been living in Omaha a few months when we won the first of many championships in the '90s. I can remember the moment so vividly. After the win my newly acquired friends and I all piled into my mom's minivan and went to downtown Omaha. It was a riot, but instead of setting things on fire and turning over cars (which happens in my new hometown of Los Angeles whenever a team wins a championship), people were dancing in the streets, college girls were flashing elementary school kids and everyone was drinking. My mother was clueless that my friends and I stole three Miller High Lifes from the cooler before we left the house. I was "drunk," I saw breasts and my new team were national champs…I was a fan.

• Fire 4

Some language at the link. Great read though!

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/how-the-nebraska-cornhuskers-almost-killed-workaholics-star-adam-devine-20140827

I had only been living in Omaha a few months when we won the first of many championships in the '90s. I can remember the moment so vividly. After the win my newly acquired friends and I all piled into my mom's minivan and went to downtown Omaha. It was a riot, but instead of setting things on fire and turning over cars (which happens in my new hometown of Los Angeles whenever a team wins a championship), people were dancing in the streets, college girls were flashing elementary school kids and everyone was drinking. My mother was clueless that my friends and I stole three Miller High Lifes from the cooler before we left the house. I was "drunk," I saw breasts and my new team were national champs…I was a fan.

liked it alot. thanks for posting.

That's a great story!!! I think this is true to many Husker fans just not in quite such a dramatic way. I remember growing up and watching or listening to game with my dad. He would get so mad and I often thought well what the heck why? He worked his ass off every day of the week and we didn't have much at all, but it was like he was yelling at the team as much as getting rid of all the stress the week gave him. I didn't realize this until I got older and on my own with my own struggles.....I often have my wife and kids staring at me like I am a lunatic or something. More of a passion for The Huskers than just football.