My prediction: Gregory out 4 weeks

Randy Gregory had "minor" surgery this week and is supposed to be back in two weeks. There is no such thing as minor surgery. All surgery takes time to heal, no matter how "minor." Stitches cannot even be removed in two weeks, yet RG is supposed to play in two weeks? My prediction (and hope) is that he sits out four weeks. Much rather have a strong, healed RG for the whole season, than a limping, 80% RG for the season. We can handle all of our non-conference games without RG. I hope he simply heals and then comes back in week 5.

I don't buy the crap that "it's just an old basketball injury." No, it's a current injury, no matter the cause of it. If it flares up with barely an contact, then it's a problem. My gut instinct is that we won't see the real RG until the playoffs (like that?). In the period between us winning the Conference and the playoffs, he'll finally heal. I've never understood football coaches who rush players back, especially when the D was great without him.

I don't buy the crap that "it's just an old basketball injury." No, it's a current injury, no matter the cause of it. If it flares up with barely an contact, then it's a problem. My gut instinct is that we won't see the real RG until the playoffs (like that?). In the period between us winning the Conference and the playoffs, he'll finally heal. I've never understood football coaches who rush players back, especially when the D was great without him.

I don't know how accurate you are, but I know enough to not believe a word Bo Pelini says regarding almost anything, especially injuries. He'll be back when he's back.

• Fire 1

Thanks for your medical opinion without having met, let alone examined, Gregory. I'm sure the view from your TV was much better than the MRI view the doctors have.

• Fire 2

I don't know how accurate you are, but I know enough to not believe a word Bo Pelini says regarding almost anything, especially injuries. He'll be back when he's back.

Which is kind of funny, because while Bo put the "doubtful/probable" out there he did say he'll be back when he is 100% and no hurry haha.

Thanks for your medical opinion without having met, let alone examined, Gregory. I'm sure the view from your TV was much better than the MRI view the doctors have.

I have a 3-D TV, so I could see better than the doctor.