*** 2017 Recruiting ***

This weekend. ($) http://nebraska.scout.com/story/1441470-4-star-visitor-set-for-weekend?s=204 #Nebraska #Huskers pic.twitter.com/YfaTvLR8Fv

Bwo1QfZIgAAmjcP.png

Kansas City DB Djimon Colbert. He's actually Class of 2017 but we don't have a thread for that so I just put it here. His Scout profile looks like he has a Nebraska offer but the article says his only offer is from Missouri.

• Fire 1

This weekend. ($) http://nebraska.scout.com/story/1441470-4-star-visitor-set-for-weekend?s=204 #Nebraska #Huskers pic.twitter.com/YfaTvLR8Fv

Bwo1QfZIgAAmjcP.png
Kansas City DB Djimon Colbert. He's actually Class of 2017 but we don't have a thread for that so I just put it here. His Scout profile looks like he has a Nebraska offer but the article says his only offer is from Missouri.

This is really great that we're getting to some of these kids early, but having rankings out for the Class of 2017 is just ridiculous. Those kids have probably played one year of High School football, and they can already have 4 stars?

Josh Harvey@JoshHarveyScout 3h

2017 4-star DB Djimon Colbert in #LNK today for his first visit to Nebraska game-day. #Huskers @DYoungScout pic.twitter.com/9mnTkC2H6l

Bw3akE2IcAEY6fx.jpg

That's cool to get Colbert up here, and I hope he had a great time and saw everything he hope to see.

However, I can't believe they have the 2017 class already rated (one year of HS).

2017 4-star DB Djimon Colbert from K.C. (Mo.) Winnetonka was at #Nebraska yesterday for a visit. #Huskers (FREE!) http://nebraska.scout.com/story/1443001-4-star-db-checks-out-nebraska?s=204

"We drove up early on Saturday morning for the visit," Colbert said. "We left about 4:00 in the morning and it was worth it. We got there and got a chance to check out everything.
"They took us around the facilities and showed us the new research center. I got a chance to meet the defensive coordinator, defensive backs coach and the offensive line coach that has my area. He used to coach with my head coach at Blue Springs."
Leading into the game Colbert said that he excited to see how some things happen behind the scenes. He also liked being down on the field and checking out the warm-up drills that Nebraska does with their defensive backs.
"The pregame was real cool. We went to the locker room and it was cool to see what they think and did going into a game. It was very exciting getting to see them coming out onto the field.
  • 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

I think the UofN has a bit of work to do. One thing that I found interesting is that he wants to be close to home. Where is home for him, Yes he moved when he was 4 but I am not so sure he was talking about Nebraska as home.

Anyway he looks like one that we need to keep here. He has one hell of a frame at a young age that looks like he can add a lot without losing any athleticism.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can we sign up Coach Bray to a lifetime contract?

These guys are very aggressive. They will go after all the top talent, but even better, be very public about it. Raises everyone's expectations for what they are looking for at Nebraska. I think it'll take some time, but it's building prestige factor of school just by staying relevant. Old laurels and championships probably do not contribute as much to current recruiting prestige.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Mavric changed the title to *** 2017 Recruiting ***