*** 2017 Recruiting ***

Word is we have more than one silent commit and they are big.

FWIW

:laughpound

Mav.....not laughing at you. Laughing at the thought of silent commits.

Now that I've gotten over my chuckle....I'm assuming these are guys who have told the coaches where they want to go but don't want to announce till signing day.

Understand.

Also, that is not exactly coming from the most reliable source, if you get my drift.

Although BIG ERN said awhile ago that we had three and one of them was obviously Calvin so two others would seem consistent.

We'll see I guess.

17 commits on our way to 22 (so they say). Sounds like we're looking for 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 DT, and 2 DBs which is 6 guys for five spots but we could go up to 25 guys. Also think we'd take another DB, DE and Lewis if available.

I would guess Guy Thomas is an OLB in a 3-4 so a traditional DE is not much of a priority anymore..

Priority:
DB - Our roster isn't in bad shape but we don't have any commits there yet. Still.
WR - The three we have are really good but with the lack of numbers we need a couple more.

TE - Need to make sure we add depth.

-----------------------------------------

QB - 1 - TRISTAN GEBBIA
RB - 1 - JAYLIN BRADLEY, CJ Verdell
FB - 1 - BEN MILES
WR - 5 - KEYSHAWN JOHNSON Jr., JAEVON McQUITTY, TYJON LINDSEY, Joseph Lewis, Gavin Holmes, Bryan Thompson, Randal Grimes, Jamire Calvin
TE - 2 - AUSTIN ALLEN, Kurt Rafdal, Nick Robinson
OT - 3 - BRENDEN JAIMES, MATT SICHTERMAN, CHRIS WALKER
OG/C - 1 - BROC BANDO

DT - 3 - DEONTRE THOMAS, DEIONTAE WATTS, Damion Daniels
DE - 1-2 - GUY THOMAS
LB - 3 - WILLIE HAMPTON, AVERY ROBERTS, ANDREW WARD
CB - 1-2 - Deommodore Lenoir, Greg Johnson, Elijah Blades
S - 1 - Kamren Curl

Edited by Mavric

I could see the silent commits being Daniels and Greg Johnson.

Here is a question I've had rumbling around in my head while cooped up in the house because of ice.

Let's say we get to signing day and the staff realizes we only have 20 instead of 22 commits. Would you offer some players that are more of a project to fill the class or leave those scholarships open so we can sign more next year? From what I have read we only have something like 15-16 seniors graduating next year. IF we can't fill this class up with players we really want, I would suggest leaving a couple open and even out the classes. Two fewer recruits this year isn't going to hold back the program compared to taking a couple kids that probably aren't going to see the field.

Wishful thinking......wouldn't it be fun to get both Lewis and Grimes from USC?

• Mavric changed the title to *** 2017 Recruiting ***