*** 2017 Recruiting ***

Mainly just wanted to compare my list to the above. And get this on the last page.

17 commits on our way to 22 (so they say). Sounds like we're looking for 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 DT, and 2 DBs which is 6 guys for five spots but we could go up to 25 guys. Also think we'd take another DB and Lewis if available.

We're no longer in the market for another DE.

Some thinking that Thompson and Grimes are the most likely WRs, fwiw.

Priority:
DB - Our roster isn't in bad shape but we don't have any commits there yet. Still.
WR - The three we have are really good but with the lack of numbers we need a couple more.
TE - Need to make sure we add depth.

-----------------------------------------

QB - 1 - TRISTAN GEBBIA
RB - 1 - JAYLIN BRADLEY, CJ Verdell
FB - 1 - BEN MILES
WR - 5 - KEYSHAWN JOHNSON Jr., JAEVON McQUITTY, TYJON LINDSEY, Joseph Lewis, Bryan Thompson, Jamire Calvin, Jeremiah Hawkins
TE - 2 - AUSTIN ALLEN, Kurt Rafdal
OT - 3 - BRENDEN JAIMES, MATT SICHTERMAN, CHRIS WALKER
OG/C - 1 - BROC BANDO

DT - 3 - DEONTRE THOMAS, DEIONTAE WATTS, Damion Daniels
DE - 1 - GUY THOMAS
LB - 3 - WILLIE HAMPTON, AVERY ROBERTS, ANDREW WARD
CB - 1-2 - Deommodore Lenoir, Greg Johnson, Elijah Blades, Michael Onyemaobi, Tony Wallace
S - 0-1 -

Edited by Mavric

Will be interesting. That's 12 guys for 5-6 spots. So we pretty much have to go 50% to fill the spots we're looking for. If they're in the right combination.

That's definitely possible. But I wouldn't say we're the clear leader for very many of them. Hopefully Daniels, possibly Rafdal. After that, I'm not sure we're better than a coin flip at the moment.

Will be interesting. That's 12 guys for 5-6 spots. So we pretty much have to go 50% to fill the spots we're looking for. If they're in the right combination.

That's definitely possible. But I wouldn't say we're the clear leader for very many of them. Hopefully Daniels, possibly Rafdal. After that, I'm not sure we're better than a coin flip at the moment.

I know people are getting negative about our chances for Calvin. But, I still believe we are the clear favorite there.

I know people are getting negative about our chances for Calvin. But, I still believe we are the clear favorite there.

I'd like to think so. Sure seemed that way 10 days or so ago.

But no one seems to be able to get a read on him now. Oregon rumblings.....

Hypothetically If we miss on some of these guys and don't fill up the class I'd rather we hold the scholarship until next year as opposed to reaching too far on a kid and they eat up a scholarship and never contribute.

If we have a respectable back up option that's different but I hope they don't use a scholarship just to use it. 2018 class looks small anyway according to the scholarship distribution chart.

• Mavric changed the title to *** 2017 Recruiting ***