Mavric

***2017 Recruiting***

Mavric    10,285

This weekend. ($) http://nebraska.scout.com/story/1441470-4-star-visitor-set-for-weekend?s=204 #Nebraska #Huskers pic.twitter.com/YfaTvLR8Fv

Bwo1QfZIgAAmjcP.png

Kansas City DB Djimon Colbert. He's actually Class of 2017 but we don't have a thread for that so I just put it here. His Scout profile looks like he has a Nebraska offer but the article says his only offer is from Missouri.

Edited by Mavric
Went ahead with the 2017 thread

This weekend. ($) http://nebraska.scout.com/story/1441470-4-star-visitor-set-for-weekend?s=204 #Nebraska #Huskers pic.twitter.com/YfaTvLR8Fv

Bwo1QfZIgAAmjcP.png
Kansas City DB Djimon Colbert. He's actually Class of 2017 but we don't have a thread for that so I just put it here. His Scout profile looks like he has a Nebraska offer but the article says his only offer is from Missouri.

This is really great that we're getting to some of these kids early, but having rankings out for the Class of 2017 is just ridiculous. Those kids have probably played one year of High School football, and they can already have 4 stars?

Thanks_Tom RR    2,223

Josh Harvey@JoshHarveyScout 3h

2017 4-star DB Djimon Colbert in #LNK today for his first visit to Nebraska game-day. #Huskers @DYoungScout pic.twitter.com/9mnTkC2H6l

Bw3akE2IcAEY6fx.jpg

That's cool to get Colbert up here, and I hope he had a great time and saw everything he hope to see.

However, I can't believe they have the 2017 class already rated (one year of HS).

Mavric    10,285

2017 4-star DB Djimon Colbert from K.C. (Mo.) Winnetonka was at #Nebraska yesterday for a visit. #Huskers (FREE!) http://nebraska.scout.com/story/1443001-4-star-db-checks-out-nebraska?s=204

"We drove up early on Saturday morning for the visit," Colbert said. "We left about 4:00 in the morning and it was worth it. We got there and got a chance to check out everything.
"They took us around the facilities and showed us the new research center. I got a chance to meet the defensive coordinator, defensive backs coach and the offensive line coach that has my area. He used to coach with my head coach at Blue Springs."
Leading into the game Colbert said that he excited to see how some things happen behind the scenes. He also liked being down on the field and checking out the warm-up drills that Nebraska does with their defensive backs.
"The pregame was real cool. We went to the locker room and it was cool to see what they think and did going into a game. It was very exciting getting to see them coming out onto the field.

HUSKER FREAK    116

I think the UofN has a bit of work to do. One thing that I found interesting is that he wants to be close to home. Where is home for him, Yes he moved when he was 4 but I am not so sure he was talking about Nebraska as home.

Anyway he looks like one that we need to keep here. He has one hell of a frame at a young age that looks like he can add a lot without losing any athleticism.

StPaulHusker    5,034

'17 Texas ATH Jeffrey OkudahRT @TheJeffOkudah: I've received a scholarship from the University of Nebraska! #GBR ⚪️ pic.twitter.com/h82PEuTN3Z

— Nate Clouse (@NateClouse) December 15, 2014

Edited by Mavric
Happened to be looking back and found a second thread. Merged.

zoogs    6,364

Can we sign up Coach Bray to a lifetime contract?

These guys are very aggressive. They will go after all the top talent, but even better, be very public about it. Raises everyone's expectations for what they are looking for at Nebraska. I think it'll take some time, but it's building prestige factor of school just by staying relevant. Old laurels and championships probably do not contribute as much to current recruiting prestige.

Mavric    10,285

Sounds like we're working on Keyshawn Johnson Jr. pretty hard. He's #93 in the Top247.

And, as luck would have it, we have an in. Riley was Keyshawn Johnson Sr.'s OC when Johnson was in college and Johnson thinks Riley was very helpful to him.

Mavric    10,285

Need to get Langsdorf to Valor Christian stat. Get Dylan McCaffrey to follow Eric Lee to Lincoln. Son of NFL WR Ed McCaffrey. Older brother (offered by Nebraska) was a contributor at RB at Stanford this year as a true frosh.

Mavric    10,285

AJ Dillon - a 6-1, 230 lb RB from Groton, Massacusetts - has been hearing from us lately. Was the SPARQ MVP in New Jersey after testing well including a 4.64 40 and 36 in vertical. Listed Virginia, Nebraska, UCLA USC, Georgia and North Carolina as schools he'd like to get an offer from. Says we've told him we're looking at bigger backs.

Hudl

Thanks_Tom RR    2,223

2017 WR Jafar Armstrong

Jafar Armstrong

He will be going to the Huskers camp on June 12. He thinks he can get an offer while there. The article below refers to him as one of the top prospects in the Midwest.

"They've told me they're very interested in me and are very complimentary of my game," Armstrong continued. "They think I can get that offer, and I'm shooting for it. I love the history of Nebraska. Their success jumps out to me. Playing for them would be a dream come true."

Mavric    10,285

2015 guys from Missouri signed with (in order according to the 247 Composite): Missouri, Oregon, Alabama, Nebraska, Missouri, Nebraska, Missouri, Yale, Mississippi State, Missouri, Missouri, Missouri, Northwestern, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Iowa (Top 16) plus another Missouri, Kansas State, Indiana and Minnesota.

Hopefully we're hitting Missouri hard.

Warrior10    1,919

2017 WR Jafar Armstrong

Jafar Armstrong

He will be going to the Huskers camp on June 12. He thinks he can get an offer while there. The article below refers to him as one of the top prospects in the Midwest.

https://twitter.com/JoshHarveyScout/status/605198499152420864

"They've told me they're very interested in me and are very complimentary of my game," Armstrong continued. "They think I can get that offer, and I'm shooting for it. I love the history of Nebraska. Their success jumps out to me. Playing for them would be a dream come true."

He's camping tonight

Mavric    10,285

Keyshawn Johnson Jr., Tristan Gebbia, Jaevon McQuitty and Djimon Colbert will all be here this weekend.

I think we may have more 2017 guys that 2016.

Warrior10    1,919

Keyshawn Johnson Jr., Tristan Gebbia, Jaevon McQuitty and Djimon Colbert will all be here this weekend.

I think we may have more 2017 guys that 2016.

Huge weekend.

ScottyIce    1,922

Looking ahead to next season's 2017 visitors... How cool could this potentially be...9/17 home vs Oregon... The entire Callabassas crew comes to Lincoln for an OV.

Keyshawn, Gebbia, Holmes, and anyone new that comes along in the meantime.

Could be a really exciting Saturday to look forward to. Probably the only primetime home game next year...

husker98    125

Langsdorf to watch QB Jack Coan work out today.

Rivals

Hudl

Oh man, that kid reads the D, calls an audible and then delivers the ball !

Impressive, but as Waterloo said I wonder about his arm strength.

His arm strength looks good to me. he could be crisper with his motion, but every kid at that age can improve in that category. A large portion of those passes you see in that video were of 10-15 yards plus.