Mavric

***2017 Recruiting***

Mavric    10,362

Going from memory, I think it's just KJJ and Holmes.

and McQuitty

McQuitty's not coming. Coming to Junior Day instead.

Atbone95    1,189

and McQuitty

I'm going to fight you on this one. Unless I misread something or don't have access to the same information, that's Djimon Colbert that isn't coming. McQuitty is still on.

Mavric    10,362

and McQuitty

I'm going to fight you on this one. Unless I misread something or don't have access to the same information, that's Djimon Colbert that isn't coming. McQuitty is still on.

Ah ... you're probably right. My bad.

Mavric    10,362

and McQuitty

Actually ... I think I meant to put that in McQuitty's thread and put it in Colbert's by mistake. Let me do some checking...

Atbone95    1,189

and McQuitty

Actually ... I think I meant to put that in McQuitty's thread and put it in Colbert's by mistake. Let me do some checking...

Who let you in here anyways ;)

Red Five    3,591

and McQuitty

Seinfeld+Slap+Fight.gif

TonyStalloni    607

Looking at the 2017 Recruits page I see we've offered a variety of player positions. Many Lb's, Db's, OT's, DE's etc.....but only one DT and he is from Brooklyn. I don't quite get this strategy. At most we maybe get one in 16 so I was hoping we'd be in on some 17 kids early.

GBRFAN    457

This does seem odd. Size being an issue with DL maybe Evaluating young HS kids is not something the staff likes to do???? However waiting longer would not be good for building the relationship. Maybe they are communicating with several, but holding off to offer????

RedDenver    1,795

Can BRB (or one of the mods) put a note in that first post with the video linked that there's explicit language in the video? I don't care, but I'm sure there's somebody who'd like to know before clicking the link.

Mavric    10,362

Can BRB (or one of the mods) put a note in that first post with the video linked that there's explicit language in the video? I don't care, but I'm sure there's somebody who'd like to know before clicking the link.

Thanks for pointing that out.

I rarely have the sound on so I didn't notice it.

Redux    5,750

Glad to see it. We have taken a backseat to other traditional powers for far too long. Even if we swing and miss we need to at least get up to bat.

Savage Husker    564

Glad tonsee it. We have taken a backseat to other traditional powers for far too long. Even if we swing and miss we need to at least get up to bat.

Yessir. Drive the competitive spirit.

hskrpwr13    139

Unsure if there's a thread on this already, but after reading the latest posts in the KJJ recruiting thread, if he (and maybe others?) were to commit in March/have NU as strong lean, and those claims carry throughout the '16 season, how much of a pass does Riley get from the fan base if the W/L record isn't all that much greater than 2015s?

RedDenver    1,795

Unsure if there's a thread on this already, but after reading the latest posts in the KJJ recruiting thread, if he (and maybe others?) were to commit in March/have NU as strong lean, and those claims carry throughout the '16 season, how much of a pass does Riley get from the fan base if the W/L record isn't all that much greater than 2015s?

Not sure Riley is still around if he has less than 9 wins. 9+ wins he should be safe; 6 or fewer and he's likely done; 7-8 and it'll depend heavily on off-the-field issues. JMO of course.

Moiraine    5,954

Not sure Riley is still around if he has less than 9 wins. 9+ wins he should be safe; 6 or fewer and he's likely done; 7-8 and it'll depend heavily on off-the-field issues. JMO of course.

He'll still be around with anything better than a .500 season.

GBRFAN    457

Riley under performs again, starting early?.........what a concept.

One of the top classes in the past 15 years. Your standards are questionable.....But what's new

Redux    5,750

Really? I had to go to the 2nd page of 2017 recruiting targets to find a DT? Are we just doing away with the position?