*** 2017 Recruiting ***

Would it be a violation of NCAA sanctions if Keyshawn chartered a private jet for these kids?

no but it wouldn't be an OV and that would defeat the whole purpose

So let's get into some legal loophole scenarios here: say KJ flies them private to Lincoln to attend some random-non NU related "event" -- let's say a ribbon cutting on a new parking lot or something. They're not coming to Lincoln for the university, just for said "event". At that point they decide it would also be a good weekend to take their OV's since they're already planning on being in Lincoln. So after they attend the "event" it could at that point become an OV, right?

I know what I'm talking about is a dumb technicality, but that's why they're called loopholes.

Would it be a violation of NCAA sanctions if Keyshawn chartered a private jet for these kids?

So let's get into some legal loophole scenarios here: say KJ flies them private to Lincoln to attend some random-non NU related "event" -- let's say a ribbon cutting on a new parking lot or something. They're not coming to Lincoln for the university, just for said "event". At that point they decide it would also be a good weekend to take their OV's since they're already planning on being in Lincoln. So after they attend the "event" it could at that point become an OV, right?

I know what I'm talking about is a dumb technicality, but that's why they're called loopholes.

The entire point of an OV is that the university pays for it...

The university can still set the visit up like normal. But Key Sr. can charter a plane for a bunch of recruits to take. Just because the university setup a certain flight, doesn't mean that's the one they have to take. Then once they're all here it's just like a normal OV.

I'm not sure Key senior is rolling in the cheddar enough to charter planes and fly all these kids out on his dime. He didn't play in the days of $100M contracts and I believe he has been divorced and has other children to care for. Now I know this is all playful thinking but let's not just assume that he is financially free to just take care of everybody.

Gebbias pops is haha

I'm not sure Key senior is rolling in the cheddar enough to charter planes and fly all these kids out on his dime. He didn't play in the days of $100M contracts and I believe he has been divorced and has other children to care for. Now I know this is all playful thinking but let's not just assume that he is financially free to just take care of everybody.

Gebbias pops is haha

Well ok that's a different story.

I'm saying they would just have someone (KJ or Gebbia or whoever) pay for a chartered flight into Lincoln, then the rest of the trip resembles an OV -- i.e. NU pays for housing, meals, entertainment (which they can't on an UV).

I mean, let's be honest, this whole conversation is nothing more than a intellectual exercise. But it's the off season so what else are we going to talk about? :cheers

I'm saying they would just have someone (KJ or Gebbia or whoever) pay for a chartered flight into Lincoln, then the rest of the trip resembles an OV -- i.e. NU pays for housing, meals, entertainment (which they can't on an UV).

I mean, let's be honest, this whole conversation is nothing more than a intellectual exercise. But it's the off season so what else are we going to talk about? :cheers

Isnt that pretty much what Oregon was in hot water over during Chip Kelly's tenure, part of the whole Lache Seastrunk(?) situation?

Isnt that pretty much what Oregon was in hot water over during Chip Kelly's tenure, part of the whole Lache Seastrunk(?) situation?

You tell me, this is the first I've heard of it.

I could be wrong (and probably am) but I think the Seastrunk thing was that Kelly or a booster was paying someone to try to talk him into attending or visiting Oregon or something along those lines.

I could be wrong (and probably am) but I think the Seastrunk thing was that Kelly or a booster was paying someone to try to talk him into attending or visiting Oregon or something along those lines.
Not able to find the articles at the moment, but I think Seastrunk was a part of the situation where Oregon/boosters was accused of paying a third party individual to drive/fly highly sought after recruits to get them to visit Oregon.

Edit: http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jun/26/ncaa-puts-oregon-football-probation-recruiting-vio/

Why haven't we offered this guy yet?? I was kind of flying by guys that weren't interested but I caught this one.. Predictions from Rivals 5 star challenge.. Note they had Calvin N, Lindsey to OSU, Lenoir to Oregon and Trout to OSU..

Jermani Brown

Cornerback

4 STARS

Midlothian

Midlothian, VA

RR: 6

Ht: 5'11"

Wt: 175 lbs

Class: 2017

POSITION

NATIONAL

-

STATE

Commitment status:

UNDECIDED

PREDICTION: Nebraska. Brown doesn’t have an offer from the Huskers but I know he likes them a lot. He gets one soon and he ends up with some of those other Cali kids in Lincoln despite being an east coast transplant.

• Mavric changed the title to *** 2017 Recruiting ***