*** 2017 Recruiting ***

• 2 weeks later...

4 star Ath and LSU commit, Patrick Queen, will visit this fall. Plays Linebacker in HS. Will also visit LSU, Ole Miss, Indiana and Nebraska.

Any word on why he cooled on LSU? Or was it the other way around?

In this article it sounded like LSU was his dream school. http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ssf/2016/02/patrick_queen_lsu_livonia.html

Queen had grown frustrated at times in recent weeks as he awaited his first Power 5 conference — and particularly SEC — offer, his father admitted.

Tulane, Louisiana-Lafayette, ULM, South Florida, Colorado State, McNeese State and, most recently, South Alabama on Thursday had extended offers thus far.

The young athlete had his sights set relatively firmly on the SEC, though, and ideally on the Tigers.

The family and others close to Patrick had gained a sense in the past 10 days that his dream school might be on the verge of finally extending him the opportunity.

Queen gave the impression he would've been thrilled to play any position — as long as it was in purple and gold.

"(My parents) always wanted me to go there," he said. "Ever since I was little, we'd been planning on going to LSU, because it's right there at home and they'd always want to see me and I can always be close to them. It was a good opportunity, and I took it."

Added Dwayne Queen (father): "We always told him this moment was gonna happen. We always told him LSU was in his destiny. It took him a little while to believe it, but once he got to high school and realize what talent he had, it became a reality. And we're just thrilled as parents. We love it. We love the school — always have been fans, and we're gonna die bleeding purple and gold. We're truly happy."

If it's the latter, that's messed up (to a degree)... this offer in early 2016, but no opportunity to accept until 2017 is just completely unfair to the player and the other teams trying to give him an opportunity.

And if no one has cooled, then why waste time and resources on recruiting him? I guess maybe in hopes of flipping the kid...

Finally getting this updated. Lots of changes. Let me know if I missed someone.

Priority:

DT - Only four left after this year. Behind by not taking one last year. For sure need two.

DE - Numbers aren't bad but really need some game-changers

TE - Only three after this year but at least they're young.

OT - Sitting well now with two commits - Put Bando at Guard for now because we're still looking for another OT.

-----------------------------------------

QB - 1 - TRISTAN GEBBIA

RB - 1 - Jamari Peacock

FB - 0-1 - Ben Miles

WR - 4 - KEYSHAWN JOHNSON Jr., JAEVON McQUITTY, Jamire Calvin, Tyjon Lindsey, Joseph Lewis

TE - 3 - AUSTIN ALLEN, Josh Falo, Reese Leitao, Kurt Rafdal, Cade Otton

OT - 3 - BRENDEN JAIMES, MATT SICHTERMAN, Ryan Nelson, Aaron Banks, Alijah Vera-Tucker

OG/C - 1-2 - BROC BANDO

DT - 2-3 - DEONTRE THOMAS, Juan Harris, Damion Daniels, Ben Hutch

DE - 2-3 - ROBERT PORCHER, Guy Thomas, Jacob Lichtenstein

LB - 3 - WILLIE HAMPTON, AVERY ROBERTS, Nadarius Fagan, Rahyme Johnson, Addison Gumbs

CB - 1-2 - Darnay Holmes,

S - 1-2 - Jaylen Kelly-Powell, Nick Pickett

Thanks for the info.

Sorry I'm late to the game on this type of post, but how do you compile the names? Are these a list of players who've been offered and are most likely to commit by position?

Just looking at the uncommitted offerees, we have only 3 of 23 who are from B10 country (the TE, DT and S) and only a couple of others with B10 offers (Cali kids offered by Michigan).

I understand that this is a west coast staff for the most part, but they really need to get to hustling on kids from Nebraska and the B10 belt, because of the numerous benefits such as lower attrition rates and "bleeding of talent" away from conference competitors.

I would love to see an interactive map where you could see where all of the commits from the B10 teams come from... would be interesting to see which and how certain programs are clustered in terms of committed recruits (and offers, but that would be less reliable, as coaches tend to shotgun the things nowadays).

Sorry I'm late to the game on this type of post, but how do you compile the names? Are these a list of players who've been offered and are most likely to commit by position?

It's kind of my feeling for players that are legitimately interested in the Huskers. A lot of players claim their interested or are "considering" a visit but I generally keep it to players that have either visited (or set a visit date) or included Nebraska in some sort of Top X list.

It's kind of my feeling for players that are legitimately interested in the Huskers. A lot of players claim their interested or are "considering" a visit but I generally keep it to players that have either visited (or set a visit date) or included Nebraska in some sort of Top X list.

Ah, got it. That changes my analysis of offer ratios a little. we may be offering a lot of 500-mile and b10 belt kids but don't quite have the relationships in place yet to get the local coaches to pump the staff. That sort of thing takes time.

It's really hard to discern what is real and what is speculation in the recruiting realm. Thanks for the effort.

Finally getting this updated. Lots of changes. Let me know if I missed someone.

Priority:

DT - Only four left after this year. Behind by not taking one last year. For sure need two.

DE - Numbers aren't bad but really need some game-changers

TE - Only three after this year but at least they're young.

OT - Sitting well now with two commits - Put Bando at Guard for now because we're still looking for another OT.

-----------------------------------------

QB - 1 - TRISTAN GEBBIA

RB - 1 - Jamari Peacock

FB - 0-1 - Ben Miles

WR - 4 - KEYSHAWN JOHNSON Jr., JAEVON McQUITTY, Jamire Calvin, Tyjon Lindsey, Joseph Lewis

TE - 3 - AUSTIN ALLEN, Josh Falo, Reese Leitao, Kurt Rafdal, Cade Otton

OT - 3 - BRENDEN JAIMES, MATT SICHTERMAN, Ryan Nelson, Aaron Banks, Alijah Vera-Tucker

OG/C - 1-2 - BROC BANDO

DT - 2-3 - DEONTRE THOMAS, Juan Harris, Damion Daniels, Ben Hutch

DE - 2-3 - ROBERT PORCHER, Guy Thomas, Jacob Lichtenstein

LB - 3 - WILLIE HAMPTON, AVERY ROBERTS, Nadarius Fagan, Rahyme Johnson, Addison Gumbs

CB - 1-2 - Darnay Holmes,

S - 1-2 - Jaylen Kelly-Powell, Nick Pickett

Thanks for the info.

Just looking at the uncommitted offerees, we have only 3 of 23 who are from B10 country (the TE, DT and S) and only a couple of others with B10 offers (Cali kids offered by Michigan).

I understand that this is a west coast staff for the most part, but they really need to get to hustling on kids from Nebraska and the B10 belt, because of the numerous benefits such as lower attrition rates and "bleeding of talent" away from conference competitors.

I would love to see an interactive map where you could see where all of the commits from the B10 teams come from... would be interesting to see which and how certain programs are clustered in terms of committed recruits (and offers, but that would be less reliable, as coaches tend to shotgun the things nowadays).

Long term I agree with this, however when you have had little success in the Big10 it is hard to grab the top big10 players. Our current connection is kids that know of the reputation of our staff from the west coast. When we start winning the West and battling for the Big10 championship we will have pull with the top big10 players.

• Fire 1

Has anyone else that uses Twitter noticed all the Kansas State fans that go out of their way to comment on anything Nebraska?

It's rediculous... Someone gets an offer or says something good about unl and they respond with last in academics, last in conference, no championships... Ect just thought it was crazy how much effort they are putting in and we don't even play them

Has anyone else that uses Twitter noticed all the Kansas State fans that go out of their way to comment on anything Nebraska?

It's rediculous... Someone gets an offer or says something good about unl and they respond with last in academics, last in conference, no championships... Ect just thought it was crazy how much effort they are putting in and we don't even play them

With the imminent doom of their conference and likely relegation to the Mountain West on the horizon the have become more belligerent where I live of late. they blame us for breaking up the XII and that all these issues are our fault and could have been avoided if would have just not been greedy and stayed.

Our recent run of recruiting success has only further aggravated this. Their Jealousy and anger is both funny and a little alarming.

• Fire 1

It's actually one guy - or at least there is one KState guy who has at least 4-5 accounts under different names that he uses to stalk and bother our recruits. I think his ex-wife must have been a Husker. He's a bitter, sad man.

• Fire 3
  • Mavric changed the title to *** 2017 Recruiting ***