*** 2017 Recruiting ***

Agreed with MattyIce. If it's a hot juco or grad transfer prospect then maybe, but getting another high school guy doesn't really do anything for us. We'll have Lee, O'Brien and Gebbia, as a junior, redshirt freshman and true freshman respectively. It'd be nice to get someone with experience to provide depth in the event of a catastrophe having to throw Gebbia to the wolves, I guess, but at that point our season is likely in the toilet regardless :lol:

Just for a hypothetical case:

Redd and Graham want to commit after their OV's. They fall in love with the place and are all N. Do you take both of them and essentially end your chances with Darnay?

You take Darnay no matter what. Too good of a prospect to turn away if he wants N.
  • Fire 2

With Grim gone, the door is even more wide open for immediate PT at WR next year. (Scholly WRs next year: Austin, Morgan, DPE, Spielman, Williams + KJJ)

Misters Lewis and Calvin, come on down!

Alston, Darlington, and McQuitty as well.

Forgot about ZD and McQ. Austin = Alston in my post. I'll fix.

With Grim gone, the door is even more wide open for immediate PT at WR next year. (Scholly WRs next year: Austin, Morgan, DPE, Spielman, Williams + KJJ)

Misters Lewis and Calvin, come on down!

Alston, Darlington, and McQuitty as well.

Forgot about ZD and McQ. Austin = Alston in my post. I'll fix.

I should have realized that lol. Who would Austin have been? My bad.

With a couple more early exits recently, we could take up to 24 at this point. I think I have this list pretty well caught up with the changes.

Priority:
DT - Only four left after this year. Behind by not taking one last year. For sure need two.
TE - Only three after this year but at least they're young.
DB - Our roster isn't in bad shape but we don't have any commits there yet.
OT - Sitting well now with two commits - Put Bando at Guard for now because we're still looking for another OT.

-----------------------------------------

QB - 1 - TRISTAN GEBBIA
RB - 1 - Jamari Peacock, Daniel Young
FB - 0-1 - BEN MILES
WR - 4 - KEYSHAWN JOHNSON Jr., JAEVON McQUITTY, Jamire Calvin, Joseph Lewis
TE - 3 - AUSTIN ALLEN, REESE LEITAO, Kurt Rafdal
OT - 3 - BRENDEN JAIMES, MATT SICHTERMAN, Ryan Nelson, Aaron Banks, Austin Jackson, Foster Sarell
OG/C - 1-2 - BROC BANDO

DT - 2-3 - DEONTRE THOMAS, Damion Daniels, Ben Hutch
DE - 1-2 - ROBERT PORCHER, GUY THOMAS, Martin Andrus
LB - 3 - WILLIE HAMPTON, AVERY ROBERTS, Rahyme Johnson
CB - 1-2 - Darnay Holmes, Jaylon Redd, Gentry Bonds, TraJon Cotton, Elijah Gates, Thomas Graham

S - 1-2 - Jaylen Kelly-Powell, Nick Pickett

Edited by Mavric
  • Fire 2

I know we offered a few JUCO TE's but nothing came about...do you think we are good now that we got Leitao?

We would have zero playing time at this point going into the 17' season

Snyder - RSo

Engelhaupt - RFr

Stoll - RFr

Leitao - Fr

Roster should look like that going into next year. Still think we need another TE.

I know we offered a few JUCO TE's but nothing came about...do you think we are good now that we got Leitao?

Snyder - RSo

Engelhaupt - RFr

Stoll - RFr

Leitao - Fr

Roster should look like that going into next year. Still think we need another TE.

You forgot Allen (he's still projecting to TE, right?). But if he's sitting out all of this year then slim chance he contributes next year.

I think a ready to play Juco or grad transfer TE will be needed in a bad way.

Snyder - RSo

Engelhaupt - RFr

Stoll - RFr

Leitao - Fr

You forgot Allen (he's still projecting to TE, right?). But if he's sitting out all of this year then slim chance he contributes next year.

I think a ready to play Juco or grad transfer TE will be needed in a bad way.

Yes, and I agree. A TE ready to go will more than likely be needed, escpecially in blocking situations.

• Mavric changed the title to *** 2017 Recruiting ***