Armstrong at QB

He has performed as Bo Pelini has said all along he would.

• Makes some really nice plays and them plays he really wants to have back.

• His best throw of the game was the short pass to Abdullah.

• I have counted 4 passes that could have been intercepted but dropped by the opposition

• When he knows where he wants to go with the ball it's right on the money and as pretty as anything I have seen.
  • Fire 2

He has performed as Bo Pelini has said all along he would.

• Makes some really nice plays and them plays he really wants to have back.

• His best throw of the game was the short pass to Abdullah.

• I have counted 4 passes that could have been intercepted but dropped by the opposition

• When he knows where he wants to go with the ball it's right on the money and as pretty as anything I have seen.

I think that is his major weakness right now. When we start playing better defenses those balls won't be dropped. It's weird though, on one play he'll drop one right into our WRs arms running in stride, then on the next play he'll throw it straight at the CB.

To his credit, Tommy usually makes good decisions on the read option and triple option. Usually. And he is a legit threat to run the ball on any play. DBs and LBs can't ignore him. He'll make them pay.

I think tommy bought into a bit of his own hype this week. I think he has potential to be great. Hopefully today was a bit of a humbling experience for him. When he learns the passing game, goes through his progressions and makes the mature decision he will be awesome. He is a good runner, has a good arm, just needs to make better choices. That will come with experience.

I go back and forth on him, not sold yet. Has significant accuracy and judgment issues, starts gripping after mistakes. Got shook in the bowl after the pick and he was shook yesterday after the pick-6 and what should've been another pick. On the plus side he's a natural runner, not a gamebreaker but he's quick with nice moves. His arm is definitely strong, just needs to work on consistent technique and touch. Seems like a good kid the team believes in. But we can't keep being a 50% passing team, it nearly cost us yesterday and will get us beat down the road.

I'm alright with it for now, because he's young, and he'll learn.

He's started 11 or 12 games at this point. Sure, we can say he's still young, but that's some solid experience he has behind him... at some point we have to be concerned.

Oh, I agree. I still think he's looked better this year than last year. If he just improves the passing a little bit he'll be a real force.

Tommy showed a lot yesterday. He did what he could with the poor play by the line. There were more than a number of dropped passes by our own guys, too.

Also, losing two starting WR's during a game totally ruins timing. Allen and Moore did not look prepared at all. There was tons of miscommunication. One pass late in the game, Tommy threw the ball over the Safety when the safety moved forward and Moore went under the safety. The ball look liked it was an erratic throw by Tommy, but it was a mistake by Moore that he doesn't make 99 times out of 100.

The announcers actually did a good job of explaining the miscommunication between Westerkamp and Tommy on the pick 6. Westerkamp signaled an out route, Tommy threw a fade or wheel route. An innocent but extremely costly mistake. You can bet Tommy will be looking in WR's directions in the redzone with matchups like that before the snap. It's an extremely good sign to see a WR like Westerkamp reading the field before a play as much as the QB. They just needed to get on the same page. They will.

And watching games the rest of the day, we should be glad we have Tommy as our QB. He is far from bad. He's not amazing, but he sure is good. I think he is going to make a lot more plays when we need him to than bad plays. Let's just hope the team plays as well as Tommy, Abdullah and Westerkamp when needed. Because if and when they do, this offense is practically unstoppable.

• Fire 6

I'm alright with it for now, because he's young, and he'll learn.

He's started 11 or 12 games at this point. Sure, we can say he's still young, but that's some solid experience he has behind him... at some point we have to be concerned.

those first 8 or 9 was with a worn football....

$109 Million budget and we can't get some decent footballs. It a gosh diddily darn shame I tell ya