Imani Cross

xlbder

wtf does Imani get so few touches? Nebraska hasn't lost a game in three years when Imani gets four or more carries.

Ask Ron Brown. I'm sure it has to do with Cross running too tall.

Here is another thing. When Cross is in the game. Its always a straight handoff. They don't run "Inside zone" or "Outside Zone" with him in, because of his skill set.

Teams scout that. I'm baffled everytime he gets a huge run because he not because he did anything except run straight. Line just blocked well. Don't get me wrong I love Cross, but he's not a "regular situational carry" guy or whatever you wanna call it.

It was great to see Imani bust off a long run last night, but I am not the guy who is going to opine for more touches for the guy. Last night's run was a well-blocked run, and all Imani had to do was run straight ahead and fast. Yes, he is faster than he looks, and he is a load once he gets into the secondary. But, that's the key. I don't think he can make people miss near the LOS if a lineman misses a block.

In last night's game, Ameer turned a 3-4 yard loss int a 5 yard gain when he was able to juke the d-lineman out of his jock. Imani can't do that. Imani can't power through arm tackles by LB's and the secondary, but isn't going to do that with d-linemen,

Imani can't power through arm tackles by LB's and the secondary, but isn't going to do that with d-linemen,

Except, he did do that, on the first two plays of the drive.

Also, this idea that he has nothing to do with finding the creases in the defense because he just "runs straight" has no merit. That's a direct consequence of vision and patience as runner.

• Fire 1

A lot of posters have said he doesn't get more touches because he is not fast enough. He has shown that is not correct. Now it is because he doesn't have enough wiggle? I would say that at 237 pounds, the man doesn't need to be an "Ameer-like" runner. As for his run last night - if you replay the run, he made a cut to the right that had his lineman in position to give the key block to spring him. That is wiggle enough...one cut and head north and south.

I am not saying the man needs to start. But, it seems that when he comes into the game, they always call a pass play. He has earned more carries through his dedication, his practice habits and his production.

• Fire 4

I have no idea why he doesn't get more touches. I think our 4 string may have gotten more touches then him this year. If he's going to be our main back (or main back up) next year, don't you think he should get more touches, irrespective of what type of back he is.

(My guess is he needs to work on catching the ball, as I think he handles pass protection and running (in or out) fine).

no one really got a lot of touches last night. we ran what, 20ish less plays than normal? with the exception on AA's long run, they had his # all night - but you keep feeding your Heisman candidate. If I told you we were going to run the ball 42 times, and asked for the ideal distribution I'm not sure it would have been all that different from what it was. Playing in that heat, in that humidity - we aren't going to have 60 rushes to distribute. Cross will get his chance, he's doing nothing on the field that would lead me to believe otherwise.

• Fire 1

wtf does Imani get so few touches? Nebraska hasn't lost a game in three years when Imani gets four or more carries.

Ask Ron Brown. I'm sure it has to do with Cross running too tall.

Here is another thing. When Cross is in the game. Its always a straight handoff. They don't run "Inside zone" or "Outside Zone" with him in, because of his skill set.

Teams scout that. I'm baffled everytime he gets a huge run because he not because he did anything except run straight. Line just blocked well. Don't get me wrong I love Cross, but he's not a "regular situational carry" guy or whatever you wanna call it.

This. Imanis long td runs are a combo of perfect line execution and really REALLY bad safety play. On his last night, the fresno safeties were '01Colorado-esque out of position.
  • Fire 1