Roach

Sker4Ever

Anybody else want to see this guy on the field more? Seems like every time I've seen him out there this year, whether on special teams or subbed in at LB he makes an impact. I don't understand why he isn't getting more playing time when last year he was most likely a starter before his injury. He looks explosive and he plays fast, something that our LBs have trouble doing at times. Let's get this guy on the field, he could really help this unit out. Santos to me is somewhat of a liability. Kid tries hard but athletically its not there.

Yeah, I've been a fan of Roach for a couple of years now. He is the type of player our walk-on program is all about. Good grades, never in any trouble, and just kept improving during his whole time at UNL. We could use about a dozen guys like him every year.

Anybody else want to see this guy on the field more? Seems like every time I've seen him out there this year, whether on special teams or subbed in at LB he makes an impact. I don't understand why he isn't getting more playing time when last year he was most likely a starter before his injury. He looks explosive and he plays fast, something that our LBs have trouble doing at times. Let's get this guy on the field, he could really help this unit out. Santos to me is somewhat of a liability. Kid tries hard but athletically its not there.

Obviously he's not doing something right in practice or he WOULD be on the field more.

Just because a position may not be up to par at the starter position doesn't mean the back ups are better. It's why they are back ups in the first place. I don't understand this position of. "This guy can't get it done, let's put the back up in to see if he can do it" when it's obvious he isn't performing in practice due to depth chart.

I hope I repeated myself enough to make the point.

Obviously he's not doing something right in practice or he WOULD be on the field more.

Just because a position may not be up to par at the starter position doesn't mean the back ups are better. It's why they are back ups in the first place. I don't understand this position of. "This guy can't get it done, let's put the back up in to see if he can do it" when it's obvious he isn't performing in practice due to depth chart.

I hope I repeated myself enough to make the point.

My point isn't being made solely based on the fact that I don't like the guy at the position. My point is based on what I've seen (Player A) do in the first 3 games compared to what I've seen (Player B) do in the first 3 games. Seems logical to me

I don't know if roach is more of a complete LB than the starter (Bando), but the one thing I Know he can do better is tackle. Especially in the open field. I just don't know if he would have the speed to get to the flats in time, but if he reacts quickly enough he doesn't have to. LB is a read and react position and at times we are just not good enough at it. Youth I would assume?

I keep forgetting about santos and thats not right. After that int it seemed like the light came on. He played ppssesed and fast. Really came into his own.

I also thought watching it a few more times that Sterrup had his coming out party in the midst of a dominating oline performance. Awesome job by my hometown guy (my wife taught him subbing at his high school and her sister was in his class). It pleases me.

• Fire 1