Fresno State Highlights

Didn't notice this during the game, but on Pierson-El's punt return TD when he raises his hand at about the 20 yd line is that something that could potentially be called unsportsmanlike under the new rules? Know it happened to the LSU punter a year or so ago but wasn't sure how blatant the "taunting" had to be.

I believe Moss did it on pick six last year. I don't think B1G refs really call it, it's a pretty idiotic rule. But I think it could ha e got called if he left it up there.

Didn't notice this during the game, but on Pierson-El's punt return TD when he raises his hand at about the 20 yd line is that something that could potentially be called unsportsmanlike under the new rules? Know it happened to the LSU punter a year or so ago but wasn't sure how blatant the "taunting" had to be.

I think there's a huge difference between those. The LSU punter high-stepped with his hand behind his head - it's something that you look at and realize was obviously a conscious and deliberate decision. Pointing a finger up is a pretty common and very natural motion in that kind of a context - if a ref wanted to be a piece of trash he could call it but I doubt any would.

I believe Moss did it on pick six last year. I don't think B1G refs really call it, it's a pretty idiotic rule. But I think it could ha e got called if he left it up there.

I don't think raising a hand like that draws a flag. Pointing at an opponent probably would.

I don't think raising a hand like that draws a flag. Pointing at an opponent probably would.

The only things that usually get flagged are taking your helmet off during a play intentionally, spiking the ball (cost BYU a game IIRC), Taunting the crowd (even if it is your own, a la Kenny Bell against Illinois.). I do think that it should be allowed to an extent since you are playing for your school and there is a lot of emotion, but as long as none of the stuff in the NFL happens. I love that Ameer Abdullah does his "brush dirt off" his chest when he scores.