Randy Gregory health?

I buy it 100%. He hadn't practiced that much and being a big guy in that heat, it can get the best of you. Especially if he wasn't hydrating.

i buy it, too. but how were they not hydrating? they knew the game was going to essentially be played in an oven. maybe they just could not keep up with hydrating? or he was suffering from something closer to heat stroke/exhaustion? if he was feeling ill. (i am not a medical doctor).

I buy it 100%. He hadn't practiced that much and being a big guy in that heat, it can get the best of you. Especially if he wasn't hydrating.

i buy it, too. but how were they not hydrating? they knew the game was going to essentially be played in an oven. maybe they just could not keep up with hydrating? or he was suffering from something closer to heat stroke/exhaustion? if he was feeling ill. (i am not a medical doctor).

Every time he subbed out, he immediately either dropped to his knees or lay down and they covered him with damp towels.

I don't think there were many others - not that I noticed anyway. I'm guessing more of a conditioning issue than anything. Being out for over a week = not in as good of shape = losing fluids faster.

He also sat out for a week/week and a half which hurt him from a conditioning perspective.

He also sat out for a week/week and a half which hurt him from a conditioning perspective.

again, i come from a naturally strong-minded family, but i am not a medical doctor.

i go back and forth on this. are they that fine-tuned that a week off would set them back so much? or are they so conditioned that a week off rolls of their shoulders? i do not know.

• Fire 1

Every time he subbed out, he immediately either dropped to his knees or lay down and they covered him with damp towels.

i wonder if they just could not keep up with the dehydration and heat? did you notice other players struggling with that? maybe it was a combination of week off, dehydration, heat stroke/exhaustion symptoms?

i go back and forth on this. are they that fine-tuned that a week off would set them back so much? or are they so conditioned that a week off rolls of their shoulders? i do not know.

I think it's a combination of things. Pelini was talking before they left about the plans they had to keep hydrated on a travel week so it's obviously something they were concerned about and tried to deal with. Behind in conditioning + travel + 100+ degree heat = easy to get dehydrated. Seems like there was maybe one other player who cramped up (McMullen?) but other than that I thought we handled the heat very well.

I think it's a combination of things. Pelini was talking before they left about the plans they had to keep hydrated on a travel week so it's obviously something they were concerned about and tried to deal with. Behind in conditioning + travel + 100+ degree heat = easy to get dehydrated. Seems like there was maybe one other player who cramped up (McMullen?) but other than that I thought we handled the heat very well.

seemed like most players did handle it well. so, maybe it was a bit of lack of conditioning.

regardless, i think he will be ready for miami. he just needs a good week of practice and saturday in lincoln should be perfect playing conditions.

i wonder if they just could not keep up with the dehydration and heat? did you notice other players struggling with that? maybe it was a combination of week off, dehydration, heat stroke/exhaustion symptoms?

Yes. There were a great many injuries that were probably just cramps.

It was borderline miserable in that stadium. Sunken in stadium with 100 degree heat with no wind.

It was borderline miserable in that stadium. Sunken in stadium with 100 degree heat with no wind.

I'm sure there were many bold flavors roasting in that pot.

• Fire 1

Really? You had to go there.

Steaming sack o crap, kimosabe.