Miami and Nebraska in the NFL

I was talking with a friend the other night about the Miami-Nebraska games of old and we got to discussing how both teams cranked out NFL talent for the 90's and 2000's. He brought up a great point that within the next couple of years, Nebraska Football could have the best Defensive Tackle (Suh), the best Defensive End 3-4 Pass Rusher (Gregory), and best Outside Backer (David) in the game.

Better NFL talent in the past 30 years? Most likely The U with the ridiculous amount of 1st rounders.

However,

I'd take an Osborne coached team over a Schnellenberger, Johnson, or Erickson team any day of the year.

Looking forward to a great game between one of our old rivals anyway.

That 2001 Miami team alone had more talent than a lot of entire programs. I don't think we can compete with them as far as NFL talent goes.

EDIT:

Overall, 38 members of the team would be selected in the NFL Draft. As of 2013, they had earned an astonishing 43 trips to the Pro Bowl: Ed Reed (9), Andre Johnson (7), Frank Gore (5), Vince Wilfork (5), Jeremy Shockey (4), Jonathan Vilma (3), Willis McGahee (2), Chris Myers (2), Clinton Portis (2), Antrel Rolle (2), Sean Taylor (2), Bryant McKinnie (1), and Kellen Winslow II (1).

That 2001 Miami team alone had more talent than a lot of entire programs. I don't think we can compete with them as far as NFL talent goes.

EDIT:

Overall, 38 members of the team would be selected in the NFL Draft. As of 2013, they had earned an astonishing 43 trips to the Pro Bowl: Ed Reed (9), Andre Johnson (7), Frank Gore (5), Vince Wilfork (5), Jeremy Shockey (4), Jonathan Vilma (3), Willis McGahee (2), Chris Myers (2), Clinton Portis (2), Antrel Rolle (2), Sean Taylor (2), Bryant McKinnie (1), and Kellen Winslow II (1).

Almost criminal...

• Fire 1

EDIT:

Almost criminal...

Most of them were :lol:

• Fire 1

Jimmy Johnson took that Miami program to new heights. Yes, they won a NC under Schnellenberger, but with Johnson, they were dominant. Erickson won his national championship with Johnson's players.

Nebraska can't compare to Miami in terms the amount of talent in the NFL.

Not saying he was a great coach, but Erickson won his 2nd title, in '91, with a lot of his players. Erickson's first year was '89, so that title was with all of Johnson's players, but the core of the '91 team were juniors. They won the title in '91 and lost the title game in '92 to Alabama.

Jimmy Johnson took that Miami program to new heights. Yes, they won a NC under Schnellenberger, but with Johnson, they were dominant. Erickson won his national championship with Johnson's players.

Not saying he was a great coach, but Erickson won his 2nd title, in '91, with a lot of his players. Erickson's first year was '89, so that title was with all of Johnson's players, but the core of the '91 team were juniors. They won the title in '91 and lost the title game in '92 to Alabama.

My bad. I completely forgot the '91 title team. I remember how everyone was shocked that Bama beat them in '92 for the National Championship.

My bad. I completely forgot the '91 title team. I remember how everyone was shocked that Bama beat them in '92 for the National Championship.

Turnovers and a bad OL. Miami outgained Alabama. They actually held Alabama to under 300 yards of offense, and under 100 passing yards, but Miami turned it over 4 times. It was very similar to the Fiesta Bowl when Miami dominated Penn State statistically, but lost because Testaverde kept throwing it to the wrong team.