Nebraska could be Big Ten's best shot

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=bigten&id=107775

Still, reasons exist to believe Nebraska will respond differently to adversity this season. The Huskers have broken even in the turnover category after forcing three against Miami, a huge improvement. Special teams look solid, another important change over last year.

Primarily, though, Nebraska has Ameer Abdullah, who offers an answer in most every situation. He ran for 229 yards against Miami, a man possessed, according to coach Bo Pelini.

Our running game is what won this football game for us, Pelini said. Thats what Nebraska football is all about.

Abdullah, a two-year captain, provides a strong voice in the locker room. His message to the Huskers as the Miami game approached figures to apply for as long as the Huskers continue to play well.

Dont believe the hype, Abdullah said. Dont buy into anything that you hear.

Miami poked the bear and paid for it on Saturday, said Papuchis, the defensive coordinator. Well learn soon if that bear is ready to crawl out of his hole.

• Fire 1

I don't want to overlook Illinois, but this was just announced.

Michigan State game will be on ABC: http://bit.ly/1rhZSdM

This is now a prime time game that the entire nation can watch against a Top 10 team. Nebraska is already in an upward trajectory, but a win in East Lansing would make them undisputedly the B1G's best shot at the playoffs. Crazy thing though, they would still have a second half of the season to play.

The only hesitation I have before I'm fully on board the kool-aid train is how good is that Miami team we played and beat? Lets say they go 5-7 or 6-6, does that win seem as impressive at the end of the season as it does today? Heck I think their fans honestly believe they will lose to Duke this weekend. With that being said, I think I am in the same boat as many here, my main take away from the game is that our team possessed a different attitude and mentality - one that we haven't seen in sometime. Listening to Bo's presser today gave me confidence that it isn't just one or two people on each side of the ball that get it, but almost everyone (from the players to the coaches) seems to be on board and willing to do whatever they can to make this season one to remember.

The only hesitation I have before I'm fully on board the kool-aid train is how good is that Miami team we played and beat? Lets say they go 5-7 or 6-6, does that win seem as impressive at the end of the season as it does today? Heck I think their fans honestly believe they will lose to Duke this weekend. With that being said, I think I am in the same boat as many here, my main take away from the game is that our team possessed a different attitude and mentality - one that we haven't seen in sometime. Listening to Bo's presser today gave me confidence that it isn't just one or two people on each side of the ball that get it, but almost everyone (from the players to the coaches) seems to be on board and willing to do whatever they can to make this season one to remember.

Miami has really good players...they just have a horrible staff...

Also, wasn't the MSU game already announced as a night game like 2 months ago?

Night game, yes, but on ABC? I don't believe that was.

Yes. Just as a night game. What theyre saying by announcing the ABC slot is that it is THEE game of the week. The Fowler/Herbstreit game.

The Miami game was announced as night way back when too, but the decision for ESPN 2 want made until it was clear this was not a top matchup.

The time was, the station was not.

I think the team is developing this better than in previous years. I still have reservations about a defense that gives up some 450 total yards (350 rushing) to Miami and had trouble with McNeese State. The defense will have to do much better to run the season. We also must stop the stupid fouls, turnovers, and mistakes that have the effect of turnovers.

BTW: Bo has dropped the monotone interviews and talks now instead of virtually being stuck on short sentences saying we have to execute. I like it.

I think the team is developing this better than in previous years. I still have reservations about a defense that gives up some 450 total yards (350 rushing) to Miami and had trouble with McNeese State. The defense will have to do much better to run the season. We also must stop the stupid fouls, turnovers, and mistakes that have the effect of turnovers.

BTW: Bo has dropped the monotone interviews and talks now instead of virtually being stuck on short sentences saying we have to execute. I like it.

You mean 350 yards passing?