The Michigan coaching lottery

NUance

I am guessing this is David Cutcliffe?

Re: Report that Michigan has reached out to Cut. I spoke w source who knows Cut well. He didn’t feel there was any way Cut would go to UM
— FootballScoop Staff (@FootballScoop)

WOTS is that Hackett told the players he would reach out to at least 16 different coaches. "Reach out". They're just poking around, gauging interest until Harbaugh gives them a definitive answer. Which he has NOT. And it's something he very well could've done weeks ago. UM is literally going Harbaugh or bust. I know it seems laughable to most people from the outside, but it just has this weird feeling of stars and planets aligning. I STILL don't think he'll accept the position, but there is a whole lot of smoke around the situation for him not to be considering it.

If we don't get him, simple put, we're probably f'd. I don't think Miles is in play and unless we get Stoops we'll probably end up with Schiano, which would destroy the fanbase and probably see the attendance average drop down below 30 people.

Getting turned down by Cutcliffe...would rather stay at Duke. That must sting like hell, eh Michigan fan?

I wouldn't Blame Cutcliffe at all for not wanting to go to Michigan. The risk vs. reward factor is pretty high. Besides Cutcliffe is a southerner. Heck I am from Nebraska and I don't want to live somewhere where it is winter for 8 months of the year. :ahhhhhhhh

I am guessing this is David Cutcliffe?

Re: Report that Michigan has reached out to Cut. I spoke w source who knows Cut well. He didn’t feel there was any way Cut would go to UM

— FootballScoop Staff (@FootballScoop) December 9, 2014

WOTS is that Hackett told the players he would reach out to at least 16 different coaches. "Reach out". They're just poking around, gauging interest until Harbaugh gives them a definitive answer. Which he has NOT. And it's something he very well could've done weeks ago. UM is literally going Harbaugh or bust. I know it seems laughable to most people from the outside, but it just has this weird feeling of stars and planets aligning. I STILL don't think he'll accept the position, but there is a whole lot of smoke around the situation for him not to be considering it.

If we don't get him, simple put, we're probably f'd. I don't think Miles is in play and unless we get Stoops we'll probably end up with Schiano, which would destroy the fanbase and probably see the attendance average drop down below 30 people.

does that mean 7 nation army finally gets a rest??

I hope he lands in Michigan as well, but mostly because I think he'd only be briefly successful.

Look how he's coached his current Niner team. Completely mismanaging the position he's supposed to know. It worked at Stanford, because he had a great pocket passer in Luck. What happens when that QB isn't on the roster? There aren't many like them out there. His offense completely folds. He's super stubborn, wants things a certain way and will force his team to be uncomfortable at the expense of his stubbornness. Kap is arguably the most athletic QB in the NFL, yet it's been engrained in his brain that he's a complete pocket passer. Can't take off. Would have had many first downs and more today if he had. Defenses no longer respect that aspect of the Niner offense.

And I think he's neglected the OL or possibly is just mismanaging it. Either way, not a recipe for long term success.

Harbaugh isn't the gem so many think he is.