We have accomplished nothing - reality check time

knapplc

For all the excitement over this team right now - and there's some reason to be excited - we aren't any further along than we were in 2010 or 2011. And we had a far better defense in 2010, yet we still lost four games.

Agree 100% - but those two seasons you mentioned were FULL of potential. I think that's where we're at with this team - which is a far cry from the last couple of seasons where you knew by this point it was going to be a rough year.

Whether the live up to the potential or fold like normal will play out over the next 4-6 weeks.

• Fire 1

I agree Knapp, but this year I feel like we have an offense that can go toe to toe with anyone on our schedule. The what if turnovers were actual turnovers in the past. Maybe we are getting a little luck this year. As far as the defense goes, I like that we haven't peaked yet. Yes we are leaky in some areas and I'm also worried about the lack of turnovers forced but so long as our offense isn't making our defense defend short fields like last year, I think we can manage. Special teams being a strength this year has made all the difference and can make up for the bendy defense. I'm still sticking to my 11-2 prediction pre bowl game. But I think the ceiling is higher than I thought before the season. When I get asked for a record prediction I almost always give my ceiling as a guess. I can see this team pushing 12-1 or 13-0 and maybe a shot at the playoffs. Gonna sit back and enjoy. We can pick this team apart only so much before we just gotta let em play it out. Remember the alternative to how our team is playing is always the offseason.

• Fire 3

Ugh....a quarter of the way through the season...It's already been a rough day without pointing that one out.

I am still going to take the mindset that we will play out the season as we usually do until we get down to the end and we don't have enough games to reach 4 losses. I want to just enjoy the season with low expectations and watch for better disciplined and consistent play.

• Fire 1

Good post (s) and a lot of truth. However, I choose to not worry about what I can't control, and not worry about what hasn't happened. For now, I'm just happy to watch a football team that seems to be finding the passion for the game again and one that could end up being very dangerous. If they faulter, I'll throw things at my tv, cuss a little, well ok, a lot, and then I'll be ready to support them the next week.

• Fire 2

i am very worried that by the time we play wiscy, they will be a quality team. i think if we played them this week or next week we would have a pretty good chance. but if they continue to improve, i think they have a higher ceiling than us and could be near impossible for us to beat in madison. i just wish we played them earlier.

otherwise, if we keep improving i think we can have a very good year and break that four loss streak, in a good way. but we do need to demonstrate consistency over a season (even in losses) before we really prove anything.

• Fire 2