B1G vs. SEC

Creed

Aside from UT stepping up to play some big boys (Oregon, Oklahoma), how many times do you see an SEC team play a team actually ranked higher? Not often and this pads their record vs P5 teams. SEC gets a lot of their top teams (usually top 8ish ranked) vs a P5 OOC team maybe ranked 20 or lower or unranked. They are hardly playing up.

Edited by Mavric
Split this topic off as it is different from the original thread.

Aside from UT stepping up to play some big boys (Oregon, Oklahoma), how many times do you see an SEC team play a team actually ranked higher? Not often and this pads their record vs P5 teams. SEC gets a lot of their top teams (usually top 8ish ranked) vs a P5 OOC team maybe ranked 20 or lower or unranked. They are hardly playing up.

Not to sound like I am qualifying what they are doing but these schedules are made a few years in advance. Nebraska vs Miami was made in 2008. Who knows where a team will be ranked 6 years later.

The whole of college football owes a debt of gratitude to Indiana for helping expose that the emperor does indeed wear no clothes.

If anyone needs an example of why the SEC is so unfairly overrated, see the Indiana/Mizzery game. Also, MSU beating LSU, and Vandy hanging with South Carolina?

These teams just aren't good, plain and simple...but for some reason, we'll see a four-loss SEC team in the Top 25 come mid-October, and ESPN justifying their ranking.

• Fire 1

Not to sound like I am qualifying what they are doing but these schedules are made a few years in advance. Nebraska vs Miami was made in 2008. Who knows where a team will be ranked 6 years later.

Not always the case. Sure for the home-n-home series they are scheduled 6-8-10 years out. Many of the neutral site games in Atlanta, Dallas, Houston that they SEC is known for are only scheduled 2 years out give or take a year. B1G needs to get their top 2-3 teams games against mid pack P5 teams to help it record that ESPN seems so concerned with.

Not always the case. Sure for the home-n-home series they are scheduled 6-8-10 years out. Many of the neutral site games in Atlanta, Dallas, Houston that they SEC is known for are only scheduled 2 years out give or take a year. B1G needs to get their top 2-3 teams games against mid pack P5 teams to help it record that ESPN seems so concerned with.

Yes. You are correct on the Neutral field games

Our upcoming series with Tennessee would be perfect to move to Dallas for both years, IMO. Middle-of-the-road SEC team, a very winnable game for us, and a good, neutral environment that makes use of the Jerry Dome.

Our upcoming series with Tennessee would be perfect to move to Dallas for both years, IMO. Middle-of-the-road SEC team, a very winnable game for us, and a good, neutral environment that makes use of the Jerry Dome.

I would also take New Orleans or Chicago for this

Chicken or the egg? SEC is rated higher BECAUSE they are SEC

"Middle of the road" is extremely generous for Tennessee.

Being 12th of 14 teams is not exactly middle of the road.

The series got moved further back, iirc.

Bah, you're right. Didn't see that, my bad.

Well, we have BYU next year--what about seeing if they could move both years of that to Dallas/Chicago/New Orleans/Denver?

Well, we have BYU next year--what about seeing if they could move both years of that to Dallas/Chicago/New Orleans/Denver?

Tennessee isn't for another 12 years. I'm sure they will get it together by then, right? Right?

Tennessee isn't for another 12 years. I'm sure they will get it together by then, right? Right?

By then, 20 of the Top 25 spots will be reserved for SEC teams in the new AP Top 25 Poll, sponsored by the SEC.

This message was brought to you by Carl's Jr.'s