**** What we learned - Illinois edition ****

walksalone

I learned this team continues to improve. Michigan State may be on a higher level than us, but that's only because they started higher. We're getting there, and there's reason to believe we'll get to the top of this conference this year.

IF we stop losing guys to injury.

#Excuses

Pretty legitimate actually. If you lose key players or at least a large number of players and expect to win a championship, you're delusional.

I think you missed the sarcasm.

I learned this team continues to improve. Michigan State may be on a higher level than us, but that's only because they started higher. We're getting there, and there's reason to believe we'll get to the top of this conference this year.

IF we stop losing guys to injury.

#Excuses
Pretty legitimate actually. If you lose key players or at least a large number of players and expect to win a championship, you're delusional.

I think you missed the sarcasm.

I thought I might. Went into it 50/50. This board can say some ridiculous stuff sometimes. Other times it can be funny. In other words:

We do some good things, but we also did some things that weren't so good.

For all the brilliance and leadership Tommy shows, he's still occasionally reminding us he's still only got one season under his belt--a few bad throws/INTs, not checking down, etc.

But the positive far outweighs the negative with him. I'm cautiously optimistic for next week...