Michigan State is Ours . . .

I'm not buying into the hype that we are an underdog. We have the mental edge over MSU. Heck, last year, we totally sucked when we had 57 turnovers, and were still tied in the fourth quarter. And that was their best team ever. Ever since we've been in the Big Ten, we have been mentally stronger than them.

This game will cause every single one of our players to play at elite level. We have the best offensive and defensive player in the country on our team. That is HUGE. They are both going to elevate their games (i.e., if that's possible) and cause everybody to do likewise. I expect us to win by at least 10. It's not like we're playing Alabama or Oklahoma. MSU already got blown out once this year. Let's put this in context. They are solid, but definitely beatable.

In all honesty, I'm glad we have have an extra week off after this game to face Northwestern. Otherwise, we might be ripe for an upset after the comedown that follows a big win. Big Red will be coming out of East Lansing with a victory.

• Fire 4

They have the ability to blow us out. They are solid on both sides of the ball and if we giveup more turnovers again like last year, they'll win by double digits and we'll be embarrassed on the national stage again. That said we have a good shot. I expect a good game but wouldn't be shocked of either team winning by a couple scores...I just think it's more likely they embarrass us than us them.

I dont know. Ive watched a lot of football this year and too me Michigan st is a legit top 5 team but unfortunately theyll never get there because of the Big Ten perception. That Oregon game was strange. Yeah it appeared they got blown out but there was also a phase where Michigan St looked loke world beaters and made Oregon look rather average. Both teams went through phases of elite play and bad play. It just so happened that Mich St played poorly late when Oregon turned it on and got ran off the field.

I think we can win. Realistically I dont think we will. But we will go toe to toe with them.

This game just feels different from big games that we've faced in the Bo Pelini era. The 2011 Wisconsin game never felt right. This game is totally different. Agree, Michigan State is a solid team. However, sometimes that just makes you play better. I sense that our guys are ready for this challenge. I am also confident because Tim Beck has finally turned a corner. He is calling plays that work, rather than simply trying to call plays that try to fool the other side. He's grown. Our team has grown. This is our time.

I think Beck needs to minimize Tommy's short throws. Let's go old school, 1970s Huskers and run the ball 95% of the time. In all seriousness, TA shouldn't throw more than 15 times next week. Want to avoid the turnovers.

It definitely needs to be more of the same this week. The defense also needs to defend in between the hashes or it will be a long game.

Michigan State is a very good team (very close to top 5, in my opinion). Better then us, but we match up well and those match ups give us a chance to win. As everyone already knows, A lot will depend on turnovers and qb pressure. While I usually think we take Michigan State, their team is extremely good this year - better then last year (because of their qb' development- he has become a stud). He's much much better this year then last year. It's amazing how much difference a good qb makes - from a contender to a champion.

I dont know. Ive watched a lot of football this year and too me Michigan st is a legit top 5 team but unfortunately theyll never get there because of the Big Ten perception. That Oregon game was strange. Yeah it appeared they got blown out but there was also a phase where Michigan St looked loke world beaters and made Oregon look rather average. Both teams went through phases of elite play and bad play. It just so happened that Mich St played poorly late when Oregon turned it on and got ran off the field.

I think we can win. Realistically I dont think we will. But we will go toe to toe with them.

I watched that game and it appeared that Michigan St. ran out of gas and started to press. I agree with the original post, I think we can take this game over in the 4th quarter.

They're better than they were when we played them last year, and so are we. I agree with what the announcer said about Michigan State still being the best team in the conference, but Nebraska is closing in. We might not be there yet, but who knows, we may be by CCG time.

If not now, when? We have the best offensive and defensive player in the country on our team. We are averaging 45 points a game. We have held more teams to 3 and out on Defense this year than anybody else in the country. Drew Brown is blasting every kickoff to the back of the endzone. Special teams are dialed in. What more do you want? This is the time to go for it!

• Fire 1

They're better than they were when we played them last year, and so are we. I agree with what the announcer said about Michigan State still being the best team in the conference, but Nebraska is closing in. We might not be there yet, but who knows, we may be by CCG time.

If not now, when? We have the best offensive and defensive player in the country on our team. We are averaging 45 points a game. We have held more teams to 3 and out on Defense this year than anybody else in the country. Drew Brown is blasting every kickoff to the back of the endzone. Special teams are dialed in. What more do you want? This is the time to go for it!

Defense that won't give up the big pass play. Cook and Lippett are going to be tough to handle and if we're not careful, they will rip us a new one. I'm more worried about Lippett now with Mitchell slightly injured