ESPN's football "experts"

CornHunka

Are you guys serious?

You do know Tanny McEvoy is almost the sole reason Wisconsin lost. Here's his line for that game:

8/24 50 yds 0 TDs 2 Ints Rating of 34.2

He only has one game of 300 total yards. He has 604 passing yards and 5/4 TD/Int.

Hutson Mason is better than him. His line from this last week:

16/25 147 yds 1 TD 2 Ints Rating of 110.6

He has 0 games of 300 total yards. Heck, he's never produced more than 200 yards. Has 566 passing yards and a 5/2 TD/Int. Oh, and a total of 25 yards rushing on the season.

Tommy's worst game last week vs. Illinois:

10/21 166 yds 1 TD 1 Int Rating of 120.2

Tommy has 3 games of +300 total yards. He has 1052 pass yards and 10/3 TD/Int. He also has 420 Rushing Yards, 2 Rushing TD's, and about 8 ypc.

Tell me how Tommy isn't better than those guys?

• Fire 1

Are you guys serious?

You do know Tanny McEvoy is almost the sole reason Wisconsin lost. Here's his line for that game:

He only has one game of 300 total yards. He has 604 passing yards and 5/4 TD/Int.

He has 0 games of 300 total yards. Heck, he's never produced more than 200 yards. Has 566 passing yards and a 5/2 TD/Int. Oh, and a total of 25 yards rushing on the season.

Tommy has 3 games of +300 total yards. He has 1052 pass yards and 10/3 TD/Int. He also has 420 Rushing Yards, 2 Rushing TD's, and about 8 ypc.

Good post.

I personally think that Tommy is playing at a very high level right now. Yes, we can pick apart a play here or there. But, in general, he is running this offense very well and I think we would see a huge drop off if he were to get injured.

I am extremely excited about the next two years with him.

Also, I have seen glimpses of very good running from Newby that makes me excited about what he can do next year.

Why were the Nebraska, Wisconsin and Georgia QBs grouped together in the first place?

This is good question.

Based solely on stats alone, you'd have to be certifiably insane to not see Tommy as the clear cut top QB among these three.

Even if you take opponent strength into account, Tommy has had good games against Illinois and Miami whereas Mason has been below average against Clemson and Tennessee and McEvoy was an unmitigated dumpster fire playing LSU.

I am trying to care about this... and I can't.

Who cares what people are saying about Tommy as far as how he rates compared to ANY quarterback?

Results on the field show that he is effective moving this team with his feet, with good reads and ball fakes and with occasional dagger sprinkled in.

If you look at the numbers... then you might get a bunch of different competing ideas about the guy. From a throw percentage standpoint, most would not be impressed with Tommy, but he is fourth on the list of FBS ball carriers in terms of per carry average and he has 50 totes, so that's doing some work. And he does a great job with the read and is crafty with ball fakes as well. Those skills set up the run for him, the run for some other guy or the throw game.

I can't lie, there are sometimes that I am concerned about him because of pre determination in his throw progression. At the same time, I have seen him create some chances in the throw game by "throwing open" his receivers. And sometimes when a guy throws to a spot and not the man, it gets picked. On the throw against McNeese that was returned for a score, it might be a bad read alight, but it could be that he was thinking Westy was gonna get there a few steps sooner than what he did.

It's been written that this guy is a youngster. And that's true. It may be the case that he adds four or five completions to his usual numbers as the season goes on. And it's not like he's throwing three interceptions a game, so he is taking care of the ball fairly well.

I can't think of a footall universe where 14-of-21 would not be considered good ball.

Are you guys serious?

Good post.

I personally think that Tommy is playing at a very high level right now. Yes, we can pick apart a play here or there. But, in general, he is running this offense very well and I think we would see a huge drop off if he were to get injured.

Also, I have seen glimpses of very good running from Newby that makes me excited about what he can do next year.

I agree that TA is playing at a high level. Remember Frazier only had one year with a completion percentage better than 50%. In what many consider his best game ever , NCG against Florida, he was 6-14 with two interceptions and zero TDs. And a lot of us believe Frazier was the best college QB of all time.

• Fire 1

I am trying to care about this... and I can't.

Who cares what people are saying about Tommy as far as how he rates compared to ANY quarterback?

Results on the field show that he is effective moving this team with his feet, with good reads and ball fakes and with occasional dagger sprinkled in.

If you look at the numbers... then you might get a bunch of different competing ideas about the guy. From a throw percentage standpoint, most would not be impressed with Tommy, but he is fourth on the list of FBS ball carriers in terms of per carry average and he has 50 totes, so that's doing some work. And he does a great job with the read and is crafty with ball fakes as well. Those skills set up the run for him, the run for some other guy or the throw game.

I can't lie, there are sometimes that I am concerned about him because of pre determination in his throw progression. At the same time, I have seen him create some chances in the throw game by "throwing open" his receivers. And sometimes when a guy throws to a spot and not the man, it gets picked. On the throw against McNeese that was returned for a score, it might be a bad read alight, but it could be that he was thinking Westy was gonna get there a few steps sooner than what he did.

It's been written that this guy is a youngster. And that's true. It may be the case that he adds four or five completions to his usual numbers as the season goes on. And it's not like he's throwing three interceptions a game, so he is taking care of the ball fairly well.

I can't think of a footall universe where 14-of-21 would not be considered good ball.

It was shown in the week after that game, Westy signaled that he was changing his route but when he gave the signal, TA was looking in the opposite direction. On that point, I actually blame Westy. If you're giving a signal to your QB, at least make sure he is looking your way.

• Fire 1

Are you guys serious?

Good post.

I agree that TA is playing at a high level. Remember Frazier only had one year with a completion percentage better than 50%. In what many consider his best game ever , NCG against Florida, he was 6-14 with two interceptions and zero TDs. And a lot of us believe Frazier was the best college QB of all time.

I thought Frazier tossed a TD to Phillips on our first scoring drive in that game?