Bo and SECPN

http://nebraska.247sports.com/Bolt/Pelini-talks-SEC-ESPN-32201164

I dont know, Pelini said. I think that will play out as the season goes on. Well find out. Well see how that goes. Do they play good football? Yeah. I know theres good football played in some other conferences too. Its hard to say. Unfortunately, in this day and age, you dont get a lot of crossovers. You dont get a lot to make that decision on to be able to compare and contrast. You have to go off what the media thinks to an extent, or what some people say.

Pelini was then asked if ESPNs relationship with the SEC was fueling the attention on the four of the five top teams coming from the conference.

I dont know, Pelini said. I dont think that kind of relationship is good for college football, but thats just my opinion.

Asked to clarify, Pelini expanded on his thoughts on ESPNs relationship with the conference.

Any time you have a relationship with somebody, you have a partnership youre supposed to be neutral. Its pretty hard to stay neutral in that situation, Pelini said.

This is a major problem for college football. There isn't enough cross over games to really be able to tell anything. So, it's left up to polls that are influenced by media that has financial reasons to want some teams to be highly ranked and others not.

What ever happened to the idea (probably never went past that) where the B1G and PAC 12 would play crossover OOC games and the sec and XII did the same?

This is a major problem for college football. There isn't enough cross over games to really be able to tell anything. So, it's left up to polls that are influenced by media that has financial reasons to want some teams to be highly ranked and others not.

What ever happened to the idea (probably never went past that) where the B1G and PAC 12 would play crossover OOC games and the sec and XII did the same?
Hey, remember when Miss St, Ole Miss, and A&M played an out of conference power team. No? That is more teams in one division not playing a power conference team out of conference than the whole B1G combined.

I believe the PAC 12 backed out of ours, maybe that was basketball can't remember for sure. It would make a lot of sense to have at least the PAC 12 and B1G have consistent OOC games vs each other and maybe have the other three work something out. Big XII SEC would make sense since there's a lot of familiar foes and bad blood, but the ACC seems to get left out in the rain.