Any chance Gregory stays?

What are the chances Gregory stays in Lincoln next year? I've seen him projected as high as the 2nd pick in the draft. Will injuries play a part in his decision as well? I don't think he'll decide to return for his senior season based on his current draft projections and injuries may only make him leave as well realizing another year may hurt his draft stock with risk of further injuries before getting to the next level.

Any chance he stays though?

Matt Leinart was projected to go #1 after his Junior year. He came back and ended up dropping to #10. It cost him millions.

Jadaveon Clowney was going to be the #1 pick after his RS Sophomore season. He came back and got hurt/mailed it in. Still was the #1 pick but hasn't played a snap in 4 weeks.

The lesson is to take the opportunity while you are ahead. I don't think Gregory can afford to come back.

I will leave the door open just a bit for him coming back if we somehow get to the playoffs and not win the NC and he wants another shot at it. But I still wouldn't bet on it.

Very good points. When you're already projected that high it's a risk to stay. Would ameer have stayed if he were projected top 5 last year? I know his degree is important to him and his family, but his projections were not nearly as good last year as Gregory's this year. Point being Gregory has pretty much hit the draft stock peak, so another year is more risk (injury) than reward (money).

• Fire 1

I think that RG4 could stand to gain another 20-30 pounds as he is still quit narrow for DE, especially at the NFL level. He almost seems like he would be a tweener at this point. However, if he is top-15 or higher (which I would imagine, barring a major injury he will be) he is gone.

He's probably going to project as a 3~4 OLB in the NFL.

Fwiw, i saw on another message board where a poster said that he had it from good authority that Randy was coming back. I personally think he's NFL bound, though.

I think that RG4 could stand to gain another 20-30 pounds as he is still quit narrow for DE, especially at the NFL level. He almost seems like he would be a tweener at this point. However, if he is top-15 or higher (which I would imagine, barring a major injury he will be) he is gone.

Fwiw, i saw on another message board where a poster said that he had it from good authority that Randy was coming back. I personally think he's NFL bound, though.

I figured as much with the OLB switch. Sometimes this works very well, but sometimes, players just can't make the transition. Hopefully RG is able to.

Also, not to discount the other poster, but I always find these statements amusing. "xxxx's mother won't let him leave school without a degree; he is coming back!"......never happens

I figured as much with the OLB switch. Sometimes this works very well, but sometimes, players just can't make the transition. Hopefully RG is able to.

Also, not to discount the other poster, but I always find these statements amusing. "xxxx's mother won't let him leave school without a degree; he is coming back!"......never happens

#FearAmeer'sMom

• Fire 1