Crouch, Alberts on 2015 Hall of Fame Ballot

Mavric

Trev Alberts, Nebraska-Linebacker-Named unanimous First Team All-American and BIG-8 Defensive Player of the Year in 1993…Recipient of the 1993 Butkus Award and two-time First Team All-Conference pick…1993 NFF National Scholar-Athlete and Academic All-American. - See more at:

Eric Crouch, Nebraska-Quarterback-2001 Heisman, Walter Camp, and Davey O’Brien Award winner who led Huskers to 2001 national title game…Holds NCAA record for career rushing TDs by a quarterback (59)…Led team to 42-9 record and four bowl berths.
Marlin Briscoe, Nebraska-Omaha-Quarterback-1967 First Team NAIA All-American who ranks third all-time at UNO with 5,114 passing yards…Set 22 offensive records by career’s end… Three-time All-CIC selection.
Allen Zikmund-Nebraska-Kearney (formerly Kearney State) (1955-71)-His teams won 11 conference titles…Nine of his players were named NAIA All-Americas and 67 made All-Conference…Member of the NAIA Hall of Fame.

Link

• 2 months later...

K-State’s Bill Snyder & former Nebraska LB Trev Alberts inducted into CFB Hall of Fame sources told @ESPN

LOL. Our bonehead talk show guy literally just said Trev alberts has no shot. This makes me laugh. This guy's a tool.

Nothing against Snyder, cuz he deserves it far more than anyone, but I didnt know you could be inducted while still coaching/playing or whatnot.

I think coaches (especially when they are older) are put into the hall of fame before they have officially retired. The College Football HOF is much different than the NFL HOF and their rules.

The College Football Hall of Fame has no credibility. Tommie Frazier was eligible in 2005 (I think) and was snubbed for eight years. Derrick Thomas was snubbed for 15 years. Heck, Thomas was in the Pro Football Hall of Fame before being inducted into college's equivalent.

Eric Dickerson is not in the College Football Hall of Fame. Let that sink in.

Most halls of fame are rife with internal politics and biases. They're garbage. I hate that they get so much notoriety.

The College Football Hall of Fame has no credibility. Tommie Frazier was eligible in 2005 (I think) and was snubbed for eight years. Derrick Thomas was snubbed for 15 years. Heck, Thomas was in the Pro Football Hall of Fame before being inducted into college's equivalent.

Most halls of fame are rife with internal politics and biases. They're garbage. I hate that they get so much notoriety.

I'm asking this honestly because I don't know. How good was Eric in college? I couldn't even tell you where he went.

I'm asking this honestly because I don't know. How good was Eric in college? I couldn't even tell you where he went.

Dickerson got paid a crap-ton of money to go to SMU.

Dickerson got paid a crap-ton of money to go to SMU.

Yep. He and Craig James were the dynamic duo of SMU's dirty team. Dickerson ran for more than 4,000 yards in his college career, more than enough to qualify for the Hall.

But if we're not putting Dickerson in because of his shady team, a lot of players are going to have to be reevaluated.

But then, I'm in the camp that says it's stupid Pete Rose isn't in the MLB Hall of Fame. That hall is full of cheaters. He just cheated in a different way.

Last I checked it's call the Hall of FAME. Not the HALL OF righteousness AND INTEGRITY.

Are you maybe thinking of the Hall of INFAMY?, by chance?

Because here is the National Football Foundation's mission statement:

"Our mission is to promote and develop the power of amateur football in developing the qualities of leadership, sportsmanship, competitive zeal and the drive for academic excellence in America's young people."

Last I checked it's call the Hall of FAME. Not the HALL OF righteousness AND INTEGRITY.

Are you maybe thinking of the Hall of INFAMY?, by chance?

Because here is the National Football Foundation's mission statement:

"Our mission is to promote and develop the power of amateur football in developing the qualities of leadership, sportsmanship, competitive zeal and the drive for academic excellence in America's young people."

Mission statement pission statement