Officially Pissed

ScottyIce

Wait until you see the playoff committee's official top 25 rankings on Tuesday. If it looks like the AP poll, this playoff has more problems than I realized. It is clear ESPN has done all they can to just absolutely wreck college football, but hopefully their influence stays far FAR away from the committee that actually determines who will have a shot at the title.

I was reading an ESPN article about how Archie Manning was relinquishing his spot on the selection committee, and they dropped this great little nugget in there:

"The College Football Playoff has also stressed that no committee member is a representative of a conference, and of course, the chair of the committee also has an SEC connection."

College football, of course, does not exist outside of the SEC footprint. ESPN says so.

I'm surprised Texas A&M didn't jump over us after their stellar performance during a bye week.

Again, I'm lobbying for the end of FCS teams in an FBS schedule. If teams want to play FCS teams for the money, fine. Just can't count it as a win, or in the yards / tackles / receptions type statistics.

I'm sick of the SEC but I guess I don't see the bias like everyone else. They had 4 of the top 5 teams and they are all in the same division. How are they not supposed to talk about them? They dominate the playoff picture right now. The pollsters are from all over the country so we can't blame just ESPN. The rankings seem pretty fair to me. There are a few teams I might switch, but there isn't anything that sticks out as wrong. The thing that does bother me is that the SEC west does not get criticized as much as it deserves to be. Mizzou could be considered the favorite to win the division and they lost to the worst team in the Big 10 and got shut out at home by Georgia.

And why is ESPN's backing of the SEC network any different from Fox and BTN? All the money comes from these tv contracts and without that we wouldn't be able to build top notch facilities. Be careful what you wish for when you want the NCAA to prevent these kind of partnerships

I'm sick of the SEC but I guess I don't see the bias like everyone else. They had 4 of the top 5 teams and they are all in the same division. How are they not supposed to talk about them? They dominate the playoff picture right now. The pollsters are from all over the country so we can't blame just ESPN. The rankings seem pretty fair to me. There are a few teams I might switch, but there isn't anything that sticks out as wrong. The thing that does bother me is that the SEC west does not get criticized as much as it deserves to be. Mizzou could be considered the favorite to win the division and they lost to the worst team in the Big 10 and got shut out at home by Georgia.

And why is ESPN's backing of the SEC network any different from Fox and BTN? All the money comes from these tv contracts and without that we wouldn't be able to build top notch facilities. Be careful what you wish for when you want the NCAA to prevent these kind of partnerships

I guess I really don't care either. All these teams have to play each other so most will have 2+ losses by the end of the season. I think Michigan and Penn State being in the shape they are in has killed the B1G. Imagine how much they would build up the B1G if Ohio State, Nebraska, Michigan, and Penn State were top notch teams. Remember in 2006 when many wanted an OSU Michigan rematch for the title?