Are the playoff rankings the offical rankings? Nebraska is top 15 team now?

IMO, we win out we have a shot. Unfortunately, we will end up playing one ranked team......That sucks for the SOS argument. Doesn't help that KSU, Oregon, Auburn, Bama, Miss St, Ole Miss, ND etc will have played/beaten more ranked teams.

The currency configuration hurts NU, not just this year, but for the foreseeable future. The B1G is down and the West is the lesser of the two.......Need to hope that Wisky and Iowa can find their groove. Unsure about Minnie....Same with PSU and Michicken. Get 5-6 teams in the B1G ranked every year will help.

Great Rolling Stones article showing the "bias" that is this current system..

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/features/the-worldwide-cheerleader-espn-and-the-college-football-playoff-20141028

Three SEC teams have yet to record a conference win, going a combined 0-13 so far in league play. Five of the conference's teams are .500 or worse. Tennessee hasn't turned in a winning season since Obama's first year in office. Florida has won just seven of its last 19 games. LSU, South Carolina and Texas A&M haven't lived up to preseason expectations, and Arkansas is Vanderbilt now.

The collapse has forced the most powerful media entity in college football to shift its influence to the Mississippi and Alabama schools. Where No. 3 Ole Miss' loss on Saturday might ordinarily represent a setback to such a cause, ESPN has created such an incestuous bubble of hype that there can be no arguing when these teams lose. "Alabama lost, but it was to Ole Miss...Ole Miss lost, but it was to LSU...LSU lost, but it was to Auburn… Auburn lost, but it was to Mississippi State."

• Fire 1

OP, you might want to quickly review the existing topics of discussion before starting a new thread for every fleeting thought that crosses your mind.

Ahhhh!!!!!!

The thread starting police! Oh noooo!!!

Ya know I could give a fuk but out of 9 lifetime posts, 4 or 5 have been to start a new topic with a brief question or simple statement and all of them would have fit very well in existing topics. Just trying to help out. But feel free to piss and moan anyway.

• Fire 1

IMO, we win out we have a shot. Unfortunately, we will end up playing one ranked team......That sucks for the SOS argument.

I tend to believe Wisconsin will be ranked when we play them. Also, we will likely play a highly ranked MSU/tOSU team. That makes three.

And do you think we'll make #4 spot by winning the next 5 games and winning out?

Sure, if the eleven teams ahead of us for that #4 spot each lose a game (or two games, in some cases). And if the three or four teams behind us don't pass us up, for example, because of SOS or style points (winning big in big games). So I'm tellin' you there's a chance. LINK

I was under the impression that the committee would pick the best teams at the end of the season, basketball style. I don't see the point in all this useless drama. Many of these teams are set to cancel out with inter-division games anyway.

To the OP.....will Nebraska make the playoffs.....I'm thinking it's highly unlikely, but stranger things have happened. I remember when a Crouch quarterbacked team ended up in the NC after every team that should have been there crapped its pants.

Edit: I think we might need to prove we can pass to convince the committee that we have a legit chance at being competitive against the best.
Do the advertisers want to pay millions for the nation to watch us get stomped...think about it?