Go to the CCG or hold off until the bowl game?

My brother and I were kicking around the idea of going to the conference championship game if Nebraska is fortunate enough to make it there. Then I thought, if we win the big ten, there's a sliver of a chance we'll make it to the playoffs. And I absolutely want to go to the playoffs

When I brought this idea up to my brother, in his mind we are a lot more likely to lose and not make the playoffs so we shouldn't hold out for the playoffs and just go to the conference championship game.

We also kind of had this scenario in 2012 when we thought that we were a sure shot for the rose bowl. We did end up going to the conference championship game that year. In hind sight I'm sure I enjoyed going to Indy and losing more than I would have the cap one bowl regardless of the outcome.

I know some of us are willing to "make a trip" to one post season game, but would you rather attend the conference championship or take a risk for the game after that being a top level game or an afternoon Jan 1 game? So what have you guys done in the past?

I hope I'm right in assuming most people who would go to the ccg aren't also going to the bowl and vice versa. Nobody's made of money so you have to pick one. Or don't go to either but that's no fun.

The CCG is a long weekend. Leave fri morning and drive back Sunday. A bowl or playoff game takes a bit more planning and will probably cost more. The chance of us being in a playoff are slim even if we win the CCG. Hard to say what bowl we would be in because I read the Rose Bowl isn't a possibility since it figures into the playoff picture. Likely a deep south bowl then. I personally would go to the CCG because my wife probably wouldn't want to go.

• Fire 1

The CCG is a long weekend. Leave fri morning and drive back Sunday. A bowl or playoff game takes a bit more planning and will probably cost more. The chance of us being in a playoff are slim even if we win the CCG. Hard to say what bowl we would be in because I read the Rose Bowl isn't a possibility since it figures into the playoff picture. Likely a deep south bowl then. I personally would go to the CCG because my wife probably wouldn't want to go.

+1. +1 all day long.

• 3 weeks later...

San Francisco Bowl anyone?

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=11861338&src=desktop

The Foster Farms Bowl is the new name for the bowl that will be played in Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, California, sources told ESPN's Brett McMurphy.

The Foster Farms Bowl matches up teams from the Pac-12 and Big Ten. Kickoff for this year's game is Dec. 30 at 10 p.m. ET on ESPN. This will be the first year the game will be played in Levi's Stadium.