Nebraska and the big10 gets punished for "weak schedules" But #1 Miss State plays Ut-Martin late in season.

All these great sec and #1 sec schedule "cupcakes" and way lower division teams than Nebraska plays and sprinkles these games throughout the season and no one says anything. Look at this.

What your saying is kinda pointless...

We play cupcake games too, but because they play conference games in the first couple weeks of the season, and schedule a non-con game in November doesn't make a bit of difference, and might do them more harm than good...

All these great sec and #1 sec schedule "cupcakes" and way lower division teams than Nebraska plays and sprinkles these games throughout the season and no one says anything. Look at this.

What your saying is kinda pointless...

We play cupcake games too, but because they play conference games in the first couple weeks of the season, and schedule a non-con game in November doesn't make a bit of difference, and might do them more harm than good...

That's kinda what I was thinking...You need the "pre-season cupcakes" to practice on..Seems a waste to have them later in the season.

There insolently to argue with the perceptions SEC gets but this isn't one.

Try arguing that they rarely play any marque games non-con, if they do it's almost guaranteed they will play home or neutral site. They don't leave the south east. They live off playing highly ranked teams within their conference who get their rankings from playing other highly ranked teams in their conference.

In the last few years the SEC has a 3-5 record in BCS games. 2-4 if you don't count the game against themselves. It's not like they are dominating the rest of college football.

As the CFP goes forward, I suspect the B1G may learn from the SEC. Or other conferences. As soon as it becomes clearer what the committee is looking for, what it prioritizes, and in what order, every conference will schedule similarly, I think. If that means a late-season cupcake, we will probably have them too.

I see the value of having a 'breather' week in addition to the normal byes, but if you lose it because you didn't take them seriously, you are hosed.

In reality, the old Big 12 North provided a number of teams that might as well have been in that cupcake class. That we lost to them, ever, is still boggling.

In any event, this will get sorted eventually.

U find out what it dont take a Scooby-Doo gang to figure out, dem sec bums do dat

Dey play conference game b4 any body else, lose at time , fall in ranks, maybe a little out da top 10. Den,later on, Dey playdeez weak team an climb back up just in time fo da udda teams to lose tough conference games and fall out da way.

Same shiggidy play out every dam season wit da cheatingness sec

U find out what it dont take a Scooby-Doo gang to figure out, dem sec bums do dat

Dey play conference game b4 any body else, lose at time , fall in ranks, maybe a little out da top 10. Den,later on, Dey playdeez weak team an climb back up just in time fo da udda teams to lose tough conference games and fall out da way.

Same shiggidy play out every dam season wit da cheatingness sec

Dude-wut.jpg

The SEC draws more ad money because of more exciting big games. If the BIG gets it's act together the sponsors will come a running and favor the BIG again like they've traditionally done. The BIG is a very lucrative market and they'd love to be able to do that again but the conference has been so pathetic lately that they couldn't even fake it without the rest of the country's fans screaming bloody murder the way we used to when we were in the Big 12. If anyone is getting the shaft these days I'd have to say it's probably the Big 12 or Pac 12, not the pathetic BIG 10.

By the way, when will they start changing the conference names? They make no sense.

I honestly don't think the SEC plays tougher schedules than the Big Ten or any other conference. Most SEC teams rated high in the polls will play one difficult game against another top-5 conference opponent, and then have 3 other relatively easy games. The thing that the SEC obtains by putting their cupcakes later in the season is this...by having more intriguing conference matchups early in the season, the pollsters and TV networks like to air two ranked teams playing each other, and thus they are more likely to give SEC team a higher ranking to create publicity. Then the winner of that game will suddenly jump 5-10 spots in the rankings as most other schools (like in the Big Ten) are playing their cupcake game in weeks 1-3. And here is the real key to the SEC bias...once there are enough SEC teams in the top 15, when the play each other, the winner just keeps rising, and its like a self-fulfilling prophecy where one SEC team must be great if it can beat another SEC team in the top 10 or 15.

My advice to the Big Ten...engage in a Big 10/SEC challenge, or a Big Ten/Pac 12 challenge EVERY year, and then find one other strong opponent to play in non-conference so there are only 2 cupcakes on everyone's schedules. I do like the idea of having some conference games start as early as week 3 (instead of week 5 like it currently is for most Big Ten teams).