***** What did we learn - Boilermaker Edition *****

The D was pretty stout, considering how little Randy Gregory's name was called

This team will have a tough time getting back to the elite echelon as long as they keep leaving points on the table

Tim Beck, Shawn Watson, are the same guy, and both have the ability to put victories in jeopardy...

We need to knock of the shotgun snaps if they're going to be mishandled

A disappointing step back for the offense and especially Tommy this week. They had every opportunity to blow this game open early. Very unconvincing display on a whole lot of fronts.

Feel awful for Ameer, but Newby looks like he can go if his number is called.

Another sharp performance by the defense, however. So that's good.

This is make-or-break for the season's final three games. To win out, this team is going to have to be firing on all cylinders. Can they do it?........stay tuned.

Yikes! Let's get better by next game, yeah?

I learned that when we have the lead, the opposition does a better job burning clock than we do....I have a theory...Beck really likes calling plays and just doesn't want the game to end....

That said...this defense is really coming around. Fun to watch. It will keep us in any game.

I haven't seen Wisky play so I can't say I'm leaning one way or the other in two weeks.

Offense: sloppy inconsistent mess...defense looking solid.

Some of our "fans" will figure out a way to complain about the team

We can score without Ameer (but Jesus I hope he comes back for the next game).

Our defense is f'ing stout and special teams (aside from the field goal miss) are improving every week.

TA is starting to get exposed now that we are facing teams with a pulse. Missed interceptions are turning into actual interceptions. I never thought I'd get nervous for a snap until this year, I hold my breath until I see he managed to not fumble.

We still only have one loss, and should still be favored to win the west. We should be ranked around 11-12 on Tuesday.

This team will have a tough time getting back to the elite echelon as long as they keep leaving points on the table

Tim Beck, Shawn Watson, are the same guy, and both have the ability to put victories in jeopardy...

apparently it's not the shotgun that is the problem.

They say defense win championships. It definitely won the game for us today.

If there were an official MVP award in college football, it'd have to go to Ameer Abdullah. Without him on the field today, our offense couldn't get anything done. There's clearly more of a dropoff between Abdullah and Cross or Newby than we may have realized. Hopefully Taylor (or Bussey if he sticks with his committment, which I think he will) can step in and fill his shoes.

Nobody's really sure if Tim Beck or Tommy Armstrong is to blame for our poor offensive production. I'm okay with blaming both of them.

I'm less confident about the Wisconsin game now, and after seeing what Iowa did to Northwestern, even that game scares me.

This team can get better, and it desperately needs to.

Unfortunately Tommy can't even handle snaps from over center either. That needs to be fixed or Tommy needs to be benched.

• Fire 1