other quarterbacks BIG

TA is a very good QB. In another system. Watching other QB's having success in the passing games is a view into the vision Beck "thinks" his O is. It is not. TA is not Todd Reesing. No QB on our roster is.....TA is an athlete (and a good one playing) QB. He would excel in the O of TO or in one predicted with passing of the PA. A pocket passing, dink and dunking QB he is not................

IF Beck would examine what he does well in the QB position and call plays to his strength, we would see a much more methodical and fluid performance on O.

Auburn has an athlete playing QB. I'd say it works pretty damn well for them considering they're pretty much unstoppable until they have miscues like they did today at the end of the game.

Seriously, people... You're Nebraska fans and are complaining about how we don't have a QB who can chuck it all over the field? For our glory years in the 90s, we never had that either. And if we started throwing it 40 times a game, people (including me) wouldn't like that either.

Personally, I like what I see from Tommy. I like that he compliments Ameer really well in the run game. I like that he throws a nice deep ball. I like that he runs the option and read option well. I like that he's a tremendous leader. I like that he acknowledges his weaknesses and works to improve them like all great players do.

Stop nitpicking and enjoy the ride.

• Fire 6

Ive been saying this all year. Our qbs arent the problem. And it wasnt the problem even with a DB plaing qb in Taylor. We're lacking the type of offensive mind capable of consistently tailoring gameplans and overall philosophy around a players skillset.

Ding, ding, ding.....we have a winner. TA is a good QB. He is not being utilized in a system that fits his skills.

I heard this on ESPN dallas the other day..."guys hated playing the 49ers and bill Walshs offense. Why? They ran the same 12 plays to perfection. You knew what was coming but you couldn't stop it. But, Sam wyches (Cincinnati for you young guys) ran 50 different types of plays and was inefficient,"

It had me wondering about our offense. The clapping. All the motioning. Different formations. I just want to see the power I. Fullback. Tailback. Period. Imani cross isn't a tailback. Put his big rear end at fullback and amerr behind him and mash mash mash.

Just a thought.

If you compare TA to JT Barrett you're going to have a bad time

Yeah. And just think: If it wasn't for Braxton's shoulder injury no one would have ever heard of J.T. Barrett. Outside Columbus, that is.

That's one thing Urban does better than Bo. More depth at key spots.

Well does anybody see this team going under center and going to a play action style offense where TA wouldn't be dropping the snap and have the need to make that many presnap reads? I don't think so , and if not where does that leave us? It leaves us suckin the hind T__t

just where we have been.

just sayin

• Fire 1

You think you want a quarterback and a system like Golson at Notre Dame, or Winston at FSU, or Knight at Oklahoma or even Marshall at Auburn, then then you see them have mistake riddled wins and outright losses like yesterday, and realize the same Nebraska fans would be shaking their heads sadly had those those same performances and playcalls been attached to Armstrong and Beck. And Bo.

Or maybe you prefer a system like Wisconsin, then you realize that's pretty much what we have, except that Wisky's o-line is better and Armstrong is more dangerous than Stave. Or maybe you want Ohio State's offense, and who could blame you for wanting that this morning?

Nebraska's offense has looked sluggish in some games. In others, the Huskers set the all-time Big 10 record for total offense. For a while we were the only team in college football to score in every quarter of every game. We're one of the top rushing offenses in the NCAA, right up there in total offense and scoring, and have compiled one of the best third down conversion rates in the country. The offense is tailored around both Tommy Armstrong's and Ameer Abdullah's skillsets. It's not too complicated or too cute. No moreso than the top-ranked teams in the country.

We're 8 - 1. No idea what will happen next Saturday. The Huskers definitely can't afford the turnovers, sloppy execution and blown play-calling exhibited by a lot those teams whose quarterbacks and OCs we supposedly covet.

• Fire 2

I didn't say anything about those teams , quit trying to deflect the argument, we are talking about nebr. have we been relevent with this meshing of either talent or schemes as to it pertains to the qb position? If everything stays status quo can you honestly see a change in how we are perceived nationally. Where we can play and execute at this position on the big stage with any kind of consistency, as to where we can say the team looked sharp and that we belonged there .Where we could play a top 10 team and not get our asses handed to us. Via sloppy and inept play. Nothing wrong in getting beat but you want to look like a well coached team that looks like they belong.

8-1 don't mean jack as to where we are as a program.