Texas to be hit hard

in what other state does a high school have better facilities then some colleges?

what is the record attendance in texas for a high school football game?

I'm not sure what the record attendance is but i know that our high school stadium rivaled some d-1 schools. I watch MAC and Mountain West teams on tv and it seems like our high school teams have bigger crowds.

in what other state does a high school have better facilities then some colleges? 

I'm not sure what the record attendance is but i know that our high school stadium rivaled some d-1 schools. I watch MAC and Mountain West teams on tv and it seems like our high school teams have bigger crowds.

From the Dallas Morning News on 12/11/05:

The record attendance for a Texas high school football game has stood since 1977, when 49,950 fans watched Plano and Port Neches-Groves battle for a state championship.

From the Dallas Morning News on 12/11/05:

The record attendance for a Texas high school football game has stood since 1977, when 49,950 fans watched Plano and Port Neches-Groves battle for a state championship.

wow you cant even get that many people into Folsom Prison errr stadium unless NU is in town...

Texas football is King of all football.

There is a reason that the Longhorns were national champions. Every single starter was from Texas.

To borrow from Lee Corso, not so fast my friend!

While the entire defense did hail from Texas, consulting the final depth chart there where two non Texans on the O-line. Lyle Sendlein the starting center is from Arizona and Kasey Studdard the starting left guard is from Colorado.

Penn ST has a gold mine of high school talent within 200 miles. Michigan and OSU have fabulaous talent in both ststes that they can control. FLorida and CA have perhaps the best athletes in the country.

We don't have that regional talent luxury and therefore to keep up with the top schools we must be better recruiters than the rest just to stay even.

• 2 months later...

Callahan: Huskers being more selective in recruiting process

BY STEVEN M. SIPPLE / Lincoln Journal Star

Friday, Apr 28, 2006 - 12:10:06 am CDT

Nebraska has picked up only one verbal commitment for its 2007 football recruiting class, while Texas has 19 such commitments and Kansas State 11. Not to worry, said Husker head coach Bill Callahan, noting that NU is being more selective in the type of athletes it’s recruiting this time around.

The number of prospects committing to Nebraska might pick up soon, as Husker assistants currently are on the road eyeing prospects, with six NU coaches in the talent-rich state of Texas “as we speak,” Callahan said Thursday night during an appearance on the “Sports Nightly” radio program.

Callahan said he plans to hit the recruiting trail in the next few days, mentioning that he plans to spend significant time in Texas, “where they practice practically all year round.”

Nebraska’s lone verbal commitment is from Niles Paul, a 6-foot-2, 200-pound wideout from Omaha North.

On Thursday, however, the Huskers gained center Chad Roark, who told the Oklahoman newspaper in Oklahoma City that he has been released from his scholarship by OU coach Bob Stoops and will transfer to NU for summer school.

Roark, who graduated from Ada (Okla.) High School this past December, spent the spring practicing part-time with the Sooners’ No. 1 offense.

At NU, he’ll join older brother Craig, a redshirt freshman, on the football team, but must sit out the 2006 season and surrender a year of eligibility under Big 12 Conference rules. He will be eligible to play as a sophomore in 2007

While Husker coaches are emphasizing recruiting this month, the players are focusing on final exams. The players will begin their “informal” summer workout program June 5, Callahan said.

Callahan didn’t specifically address recent roster changes, most notably last week’s dismissal of wideout Grant Mulkey, as well as I-back Leon Jackson’s decision earlier this week to leave the squad. The coach did say, “If you’re honest and forthright with players, you’ll never have a problem.”

Callahan added, “Sometimes if players don’t take care of responsibilities, they basically eliminate themselves.”

Reach Steven M. Sipple at 473-7440 or ssipple@journalstar.com

Nebraska has picked up only one verbal commitment for its 2007 football recruiting class, while Texas has 19 such commitments and Kansas State 11. Not to worry, said Husker head coach Bill Callahan, noting that NU is being more selective in the type of athletes it’s recruiting this time around.

Take the PUSSYcat's #'s for what you will, but they have signed no highly recruited guys, and the players they have signed from Kansas and Missouri were not even offered by the in-state schools. Mangino and Pinkel almost always offer the top talent in the state, and I belive only 1 kid had another offer from any other school. Hell, they offered a 5'9 QB from the state of Arkansas that not a college in Arkansas had offered. He was surprised to have even gotten an offer from KState.