Insiders, a little help please!

307husker

You know, if Callahan would had been willing to ditch his DC for one more competent, he'd still be coaching here, right?

It's the same damn situation again, only we're asking our HC to ditch the OC. If Bo does and gets one that's competent, we're rolling in titles and laughing about all of this.

The defense is worse than the offense. Bo has broken multiple Coz records for futility. The single game rushing record set Saturday may stand for 50 years.

The defense got put on an island because the offense wasn't doing it's job and couldn't sustain a drive to save Beck's multi-dimensional soul. The offense needed to hold up their end of the bargain, and that is what failed. If Nebraska keeps Wisky off the field, then Gordon doesn't have an opportunity to run the ball.

If you'd like to discuss the mental toughness of our defense or the lack of impact our sports psychology folks have had on our kids since the late 90s, then you'd be on to something. But our offense put our defense in a position to fail, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Had the offense been merely competent, we win this game, and Gordon doesn't sniff 250...because Wisky wouldn't have the reps on the offensive side of the ball to do it.

I completely disagree. We were up 17-3 with momentum. The offense got us out to a nice lead. The defense was not on an island. The defense flunked the test. 600 yards of offense was on Bo's defense. They had just 7 completions. The way they kept gashing our defense running the ball and scoring TDs put all the pressure on our offense. And since they decided to key on Ameer, they enforced more pressure on Tommy to make the plays. With that strategy, they were not disappointed. I'm not trying to nitpick. This was a defensive disaster.

yes but how did they get up 17-3 oh thats right, the defence forced turnovers and gave Becks offence a short field. i agree the offence has as much or more of the blame for Saturday.

Headley , I guess not since I'm not allow to want to keep Pelini around.

I'll still be making the trip from baytown to Lincoln wed night. Hope it warms up

You can want to keep Pelini around all you want however I cannot comprehend how a person could possibly support the sh#t show we put on against any team on the big stage. When something of value is on the line we fold and have for all of Bos tenure.

Why do you want Bo? What is your reasoning? Worried we might be worse? I bet We won't win any fewer titles without him

It's easy to say we won't win any less since he hasn't won any. I get that. Hell we should have just kept Callahan. Who would come here and coach?

Baytown, are you Bo's cousin or something?? I get tired of the 2 big lame reasons to keep Bo - 9 wins and 'no one will come here'. There are a lot of good coaches who would love to turn a historic program like NU around and become a national contender again. We have all of the resources and unbelievable fan support. What fans can't support is on going ineptness on the big stage. We cannot accept being good when we know we can be great (maybe not 1990s great - that is perhaps a once in a 2 or 3 generation thing) We just have a deeper challenge in recruiting. However, a dynamic coach can do it (recruit) - actually a not so dynamic personality like TO did it. He had a system, he worked the system and the system worked. It was our identity and every opponent knew our identity but could not stop it - why because we knew who we were. Our current O doesn't know what it is and our D is too often confused.

Probably his accountant, or neighbor, or wife's friend's husband or something. Most of Pelini's remaining supporters are either personally connected to him, or completely delusional (or both).