Does anyone else WANT Bo?

xmanjones

I hear a lot of talk about who do we want, but maybe there is someone out there that wants our guy? It would seem like that would make things MUCH easier on us for getting the right coaching staff. Is this a possibility?

You mean at other programs?

Not as a head coach but I could see the appeal as a DC or secondary coach. Alabama seems to have done well with Kiffin as OC. I bet Pelini would find himself a DC or assistant job at an SEC school or in the NFL. He's ideally suited to the pass-happy NFL, IMO.

I think the NFL would come calling. If his defense is good at one thing it's stopping the passing game, which the NFL certainly has become. So I think he could be a position coach or defensive coordinator. No big time college program will want him as a head coach, only smaller schools would want him at that position. Big time college programs may want him as a defensive coordinator.

After watching Nebraska get embarrassed in its own stadium last year by a mediocre Iowa...& not 1 single firing...I am not sure Nebraska has big boy pants. $500 says if Bo Pelini is back for 2015, so is his buddy Tim Beck.

EDIT - To be honest...I thought about it after I posted this...I am not so sure Tim Beck is the problem at this point. He may just be a scapegoat. After the Wisconsin game (I didn't watch the whole game...I turned it off after Wiscy went up 52-17 because I felt that the team gave up)...I still felt supportive of Bo but wanted Beck gone. Granted, Beck more often than not goes away from what is working when it comes crunch time (he panics). So he's not a great playcaller by any means. But at this point I really have no faith that if Beck were fired...that Bo wouldn't just hire another one of his buddies (probably Fisher). Ron Brown would be an intriguing candidate (as he seems like a pretty no nonsense dude as opposed to Tim Beck seems to think being multiple on offense is an end in itself).

The market is soft on Pelini. No major schools want him as a HC. If we want to get rid of him, we need to put our big boy pants on and fire him.

Are you a big man? Huh? I'm talking to you!

Do you wake up in the mornin' and say, "I'm puttin on my big boy pants. Look, I'm wearin' a belt. I got big boy pants on."

Put on a little jacket, you go, you take you lunch cause you have big boy pants on? YOU GOT YOUR BIG BOY PANTS AND YOUR SNACK!

Come on. I'm certain there are programs out there who would love to get Bo as their HC. Sure our fanbase has soured on him quite a bit. But I would be shocked if he can't find work in a power 5 league at the HC position.

The Iowa States and Kansas' of the world sure But not a program that is even remotely considered a peer.