Kenny Bell Speaks Up

So I just sort of got caught up on the news of the day. Apparently after having its season crushed, our resilient team has two defensive captains wearing different colored jerseys, and Kenny Bell is actually going out of his way to stir up his Twitter account and antagonize the fanbase.

Has anyone seen Minnesota play lately?

• Fire 1

Sip is a total puppet. Good god.

The hypocrisy is strong in Kenny Bell. The coaches would have problems putting food on their table about as much as he'd have "problems" paying the electric company. You should have to be GOOD at your job to keep it. Several of our staff are not.

No, Kenny, it's not like the mailman dropping A letter. It's like him stealing my damn Playboy. For seven years. If I catch THAT mailman, he better be ready for me to beat some @$$.

• Fire 1

Dude needs to shut up and put up. Ignore the haters buddy, they don't concern you. You can still be critical of a coach and support his players, not a difficult concept to understand. All I'm hearing in the rest is "I'm ok with mediocrity, and my effort is good enough and it wasn't meant to be". bullsh#t, you make it happen. There's no such thing as meant to be and destiny in this world. You have to work and prepare yourself for what you want and then go out there and take it. That's something I've learned the hard way, but your coach should have instilled that in you by this point. Yeah it ain't easy, but that's what you were brought here to do and your education is paid for, meals and housing taken care of so you can focus on your studies and that. It's a business being a head D1 football coach, if you don't get results you're gone no matter how good your character or how hungry your family is. That's the risk they take, and they get paid well for that risk. Most of us like Bo but it's business kid, and someday you'll learn that. As a senior who has been through all of the major blowouts over the past few years, you of all people should be chewing the most ass on this team. It should have been unacceptable what was going on the other night, and you gotta call your teammates out on that.

I respect Bell for having his coaches back, but to say the fans should not have such high expectations is f'ing ridiculous. Fans shouldn't just be fine with 9 wins because that's the way it is in total bull sh#t on Kenny's part just because he has accepted being average to below average doesn't mean the fans should. Congrats Kenny the team is no better off than it was when you arrived here

Im so ready for a new staff that'll go out of his way to unite the fans and the program, win or lose, and teach his players the difference between a bunch of idiots on twitter and the majority of real fans that really do want whats best for THE PROGRAM as *fans*. It's a sad state really..

And I started feeling like this at the end of last year too by the way.

"Who does have a good relationship with this fanbase"-Tim Beck on senior day for Taylor Martinez.

Bo's players echo the insanity that is this entire coaching staff. The fans have been pitted against the football team since late 2010 early 2011...A sh#t product on the field is acceptable, but how dare us fans call out this overpaid staff when nothing has changed or is going to change with Bo in charge. What has been instilled in these players is the cowards way out..Time to blow this coaching staff up and start fresh.

• Fire 2

Having been a college athlete (track/cross country) for 5 years I totally understand the way Kenny Bell feels.

You spend nearly every waking moment with these coaches, you get to know them on a personal level and you get to know their families.

You are away from home and those people become your second family.

I've had teammates struggle and have heard really negative things about them and in no instance was it true. One of my teammates ran his entire senior year hurt. He was our top recruit and was supposed to be the "golden" boy who would bring us conference titles. He was hurt his senior year and didn't perform very well due to his injuries. A LOT of people claimed he had no heart and other stuff. Sad thing is that I knew he worked his butt off.

Very few college athletes don't give it everything they have. Even the ones messing up are trying very hard and to hear your brothers get critisized, sometimes in way that go over the line, hurts.

I will also add that I can promise he hears a lot worse in person than what is written on message boards, twitter, facebook or said on talk shows.

Where we see a coach needing to be gone because of his problems he sees a the coach's children having to leave their friends behind.

He is a college athlete taking up for people he is no doubt close to and I have no problem with that,

• Fire 3